Job offer in Ireland Contracts Assistant at Queen’s University Belfast
Queen’s University Belfast is one of the leading universities in the UK and Ireland, with a distinguished heritage and history. With over 24,000 students, 4,200 staff and an annual turnover of some £300m, Queen’s University Belfast plays a unique leadership role in Northern Ireland. As a member of the Russell Group of UK research-intensive universities, Queen’s University Belfast combines excellence in research and education with a student centred ethos.
The Contracts Assistant will provide a high quality comprehensive and professional administrative service within the Research Contracts Unit.
The successful candidate will:
- Provide advice on legal and contractual matters, acting as the initial point of contact for the Contracting Team.
- Co-ordinate and maintain a portfolio of complex contract templates, overseeing the implementation of the contracts management process.
- Advise relevant staff of new procedures regarding the contract management and document storage processes.
- Provide general administrative expertise to the Contracting Team.
Our five core values (Integrity, Connected, Ambition, Respect, Excellence) have been developed by staff and students. They express our shared understanding of what we believe, how we aim to behave and what we aspire to be as an international organisation.
The successful candidate will have:
- Academic and/or vocational qualifications ie NVQ Level 3, A levels in relevant subject (or equivalent)
- Proven relevant administrative experience.
- Experience of reviewing standard contract clauses
- Experience of managing projects and working in a project environment
- Understanding of research contracting processes and relevant terminology
- IT literacy and up to date knowledge of relevant computer packages software, information systems and development and maintenance of websites.
- Experience of co-ordinating, managing and developing document storage systems and contract management processes.
For full job details and essential/desirable criteria please refer to the candidate information link by clicking apply.
You must clearly demonstrate how you meet the criteria on your application form
Further information about the Directorate can be found at http://www.qub.ac.uk/Research/
Anticipated interview date: Wednesday 17 July 2019
Salary scale: £24,028 – £27,831 per annum (potential to progress to £29,514 per annum through sustained exceptional contribution)
Closing date: Monday 8 July 2019
For full job details and essential/desirable criteria please refer to the candidate information link on our website by clicking apply. For further information or assistance contact The Resourcing Team, People and Culture, Queen’s University Belfast, BT7 1NN. Telephone (028) 9097 3044 or email on firstname.lastname@example.org
The University is committed to equality of opportunity and to selection on merit. It therefore welcomes applications from all sections of society and particularly welcomes applications from people with a disability