Job offer in Ireland Contract Research Officer – Socio-Economics at The Agriculture and Food Development Authority
The Agriculture and Food Development Authority – Teagasc
to £55,928.60 converted salary*
|Placed on:||12th June 2017|
|Closes:||26th June 2017|
Grade/Salary: Research Officer, with a starting salary of €32,729 per annum. The current salary scale is €32,729 to €63,700.
Starting pay will be at the minimum of the scale per Government Circular E100/8/82. Exceptional circumstances may apply for candidates with current or previous service in the public sector (including Teagasc).
Remuneration may be adjusted from time to time in line with Government Policy.
Post Type: Temporary Externally Funded Non Grant-in-Aid contract post, the indicative duration of which is 30 months, subject to contract.
A panel may be formed from which future similar vacancies may be filled; such a panel will remain active for a maximum period of 12 months.
To contribute, as part of a multidisciplinary team, to the evaluation of the effectiveness of the measures contained in Ireland’s Nitrates Action Programme with particular emphasis on:
- Producing policy-relevant peer-reviewed scientific papers using ACP and other data and disseminating the results to a wide audience.
- Overseeing the implementation of a programme of research into:
– The measures used to address agricultural risks to water quality.
– The economic impact of changing agricultural practises to comply with the measures.
– The factors that enhance or inhibit changes in farmers’ awareness, attitudes and behaviours with regard to agriculture and water quality.
- Quality assuring and analysing the data produced.
- Disseminating information to internal and external stakeholders and to the scientific community.
Note: The ‘Essential’ qualifications, skills and knowledge outlined below are ‘must-have’ which will be used in the shortlisting process.
- Candidates must have an honours Level 8 degree in environmental economics/agricultural economics/behavioural economics /agricultural science or a related discipline.
- A postgraduate degree and/or research experience in environmental economics/agricultural economics/behavioural economics or related area would be a distinct advantage
How to Apply
A detailed job description and application form for this position can be accessed on the Teagasc Website at www.teagasc.ie/careers
Completed application forms should be TYPED and saved in PDF format and submitted by email to email@example.com no later than 12 midnight on 26th of June 2017.
Please state relevant reference code in all correspondence. Teagasc is an equal opportunities employer. Canvassing will disqualify.
Share this job
If you have a comment to make about the overall quality of this advert,
or its categorisation then please
send us your feedback
Republic of Ireland
* Salary has been converted at the prevailing rate on the date placed