Job offer in Ireland Assistant Specialist – Local Authority Unit at Institute of Public Administration
REPORTS TO: Head of the Local Government Unit
JOB FUNCTION: Product and Service development particularly in the area of the local government sector and related research activity; client engagement in support of Director of Local Government Unit; leading and delivering briefings, seminars and training events
- Development work, and support to delivery, and administrative management of all the housing related training and development programmes.
- Research and development work, and support to delivery, and administrative management on the Local Government Commercial Rates National Debt Management Training programme.
- Research and development work, and support to delivery, and administrative management on the Local Government National Rental Inspections Training programme.
- Research on new and evolving areas, including updating of current material, on the Local Government accredited Certificate and Diploma programmes under the close supervision of the Director of the Local Government Unit.
- Preparation of specialist research papers/ relevant documentation in support of services to the Local Government sector as directed by the Director of the Local Government Unit.
- Presentation of research output and other topic areas at client briefings and seminars etc.
- Leading and supporting, as necessary, training events, workshops and sessions within client organisations and at central and regional venues.
- As part of the team, working and collaborating with other IPA specialist and administrative colleagues on evolving business areas and demands.
- To undertake such other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Sound understanding of the Public Service and particularly a sound understanding of the Local Government sector
- Good research and writing skills
- Good organisational skills, capable of working on own initiative
- Good computer skills and experience of using relevant software packages
- Good analytical and writing skills
- Good presentation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to engage with large and small audiences and to handle group dynamics
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Commitment to self-development, and an understating of the role and objectives of the Institute
- A third level qualification at Masters level is desirable
The salary scale for this position ranges from €34,263 to €54,646 (two LSIs) per annum pro rota.
Closing date for receipt of application is 12.00 noon on Monday 29th July 2019
Please email a CV clearly stating the Title of the post applied for) and covering letter stating how you meet the requirements of the roles by 12.00 noon on Monday 29th July 2019 to email@example.com
General Information for Applicants
Summary of Terms