Job offer in Ireland Assistant Lecturer Quantity Surveying at IT (Institute of Technology), Sligo
The post relates primarily to the teaching, research, academic assessment and academic administrative direction of courses including:
- BSc (Hons) Quantity Surveying
- BSc Quantity Surveying
- MSc Project Management
- Research supervision
Accredited programmes of learning are offered to full-time and part-time students, in line with the Institute Strategic Plan, and to meet the educational needs of students, thereby contributing to industrial development of the region.
The Assistant Lecturer will be required to comply with the policy of the School of Engineering & Design in the choice of teaching methods and technologies, and to undertake training to keep abreast of technological developments and teaching practices.
Subject areas to be covered include:
- Measurement and Costing
- Contract Administration
- Quantitative Studies
- Building Information Modelling
- Lean Construction
- Project Scheduling software and estimating software
Course development, promotion and academic management of student learning are integral duties of the position
Applicants must, as a minimum, have:
- 2.2 award classification in an Honors Degree at NFQ level 8 in Quantity Surveying or equivalent.
Applicants must have a minimum of three years post-qualification experience.
Must have comprehensive Quantity Surveying experience within the construction sector.
The person appointed must be fully conversant with current building legislation, standards and software.
- Holding a Masters (level 9) and/or PhD (level 10) in a related area and/or in teaching and learning would be an advantage
- Relevant work experience including a strong insight into quantity surveying, cost estimating and control and scheduling using relevant software packages.
- Relevant training/teaching/lecturing experience including online teaching.
- Project management, teamwork and leadership skills, and excellent communication skills.
- Experience of e-learning education management systems such as Moodle would be an advantage
- Experience of research in an industrial or academic environment
- Chartered member of a relevant professional body
Such factors may or may not be taken into account should there be a need for short listing of applicants for interview.
The salary scale for certain public servants employed at 31st December 2010 is €41,122 to €50,992 (8 points).
The salary scale for new entrants to the public service from 1st January 2011 is €37,111 to €50,992 (10 points), with all new entrants starting on the first point of the scale.
Closing Date: Friday, 13th April 2018 at 12 Noon
Job specifications/application forms may be accessed on our website at: http://itsligo.ie/vacancies