Job offer in Ireland Assistant Lecturer in Interior Architecture & Design at IT (Institute of Technology), Sligo
Friday, 17th May 2019 at 12 Noon
Job specifications/application forms may be accessed on our website at:
Description of Post
The post relates primarily to the teaching, research, academic assessment and academic administrative direction of courses including:
Bachelor of Arts in Interior Architecture and Design
Master of Arts in Practice Based Research (Design)
Accredited programmes of learning are offered to full-time and part-time students, in line with the Institute Strategic Plan, and to meet the educational needs of students, thereby contributing to industrial development of the region.
Applicants must as a minimum, hold a 2.2 award classification in an Honours Degree at NFQ level 8 in relevant area (interior architecture, interior design, architecture, etc.) or equivalent.
Applicants must have proven post-qualification experience.
The person appointed must exhibit strong industry experience and be fully conversant with current building legislation.
The person appointed must be capable of teaching subjects at undergraduate and postgraduate level.
Project management, teamwork and leadership skills, and excellent communication skills.
- Significant industry experience in a variety of contexts
- Relevant training/teaching/lecturing experience in a third-level environment including online teaching.
- Experience of e-learning education management systems such as Moodle would be an advantage
- Experience of research in an industrial or academic environment
- Holding a Masters (level 9) and/or PhD (level 10) in a related area and/or in teaching and learning
- Member of a relevant professional body
The salary scale for certain public servants employed at 31st December 2010 is €41,533 to €51,502 (8 points).
The salary scale for new entrants to the public service from 1st January 2011 is €37,482 to €51,502 (10 points), with all new entrants starting on the first point of the scale.