Job offer in Ireland Assistant Lecturer in Insurance & Business at Institute of Technology, Sligo
Institute of Technology, Sligo – Department of Life Sciences
to £43,151.24 converted salary*
|Placed on:||10th April 2017|
|Closes:||28th April 2017|
Description of Post
The post relates primarily to the teaching of insurance subjects on the BA Insurance Practice apprenticeship programme, as well as teaching other business related modules to students on a range of courses, from Higher Certificate to Master Degree level, within the School of Business and Social Sciences, as cover for existing staff who are seconded onto the aforementioned apprenticeship programme.
The successful candidate will be required to lecture, supervise students’ research activities, contribute to curriculum and programme development and to engage with industry.
- Applicants as a minimum must hold an Honours Bachelor Degree at 2.2 or higher in business or equivalent and/or hold a Management Diploma in Insurance (or equivalent).
- Applicants must have a minimum of three years post-qualification experience.
Desirable qualifications and skills include:
- Qualified at Masters/Ph.D. level
- Qualified to meet minimum competency level as defined by the Central Bank of Ireland (Certified Insurance Practitioner or Qualified Financial Adviser )
- Experience of teaching and curriculum development at undergraduate and postgraduate level.
- Relevant extensive experience in the insurance industry
- A record of research activity, including publication
- Experience of online delivery of programmes
- Experience of project supervision
Such factors may or may not be taken into account should there be a need for short listing of applicants for interview.
The salary scale for certain public servants employed at 31st December 2010 is €40,715 to €50,487 (8 points)
The salary scale for new entrants to the public service from 1st January 2011 is €36,743 to €50,487 (10 points), with all new entrants starting on the first point of the scale.
Friday, 28th April 2017 at 12 Noon
Job specifications/application forms may be accessed on our website at:
Share this job
If you have a comment to make about the overall quality of this advert,
or its categorisation then please
send us your feedback
Republic of Ireland
* Salary has been converted at the prevailing rate on the date placed