Job offer in Ireland Assistant Accountant at Queen’s University Belfast
Queen’s University Belfast is one of the leading universities in the UK and Ireland, with a distinguished heritage and history. With over 24,000 students, 3,700 staff and an annual turnover of some £300m, Queen’s University Belfast plays a unique leadership role in Northern Ireland. As a member of the Russell Group of UK research-intensive universities, Queen’s University Belfast combines excellence in research and education with a student centred ethos.
Our aim is to support the teaching, research and other activities of the University through the efficient planning, management and control of its financial and business affairs, and the control of its funds and assets, together with the development and implementation of effective systems and services to improve the financial wellbeing of the institution.
Student Finance oversee the financial enrolment of all students, assessment and collection of tuition fees and related charges, the administration of University Bursary Schemes and administration of the Student Support Fund.
The post holder will ensure the efficient and effective operation of the Student Finance Office so that all income is properly secured, accounted for and reconciled. They will be responsible for the delivery of income related functions, including Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) compliance, Merchant Services and Cash Handling.
The successful candidate must have:
- Honours degree (or equivalent qualification) in any subject.
- A member of a recognised accountancy body (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA or equivalent).
- Minimum 3 years’ recent relevant experience in a large accounting/finance environment
- At least 2 years’ post qualification experience
- At least 2 years’ experience of managing a small team of Finance staff.
- Practical experience in the preparation of financial accounts, reports and returns.
- Practical experience of performing control account reconciliation, in accordance with internal/external audit requirements.
- Experience of dealing with internal and external auditors.
- Experience in the use of complex accounting systems.
For more information on the essential and desirable criteria please refer to the candidate information link. Please state clearly how you meet this criteria in your application.
Further information about the Directorate can be found at www.qub.ac.uk/directorates/sgc/finance/
Anticipated interview date: Monday 10 September 2018
Salary scale: £32,548 – £38,833 per annum (potential to progress to £42,418 per annum through sustained exceptional contribution)
Closing date: Monday 27 August 2018
For full criteria and to apply online, visit www.qub.ac.uk/jobs. For further information or assistance contact Human Resources, Queen’s University Belfast, BT7 1NN. Telephone (028) 9097 3044 or email on HR@qub.ac.uk
The University is committed to equality of opportunity and to selection on merit. It therefore welcomes applications from all sections of society and particularly welcomes applications from people with a disability.