Job offer in england Tutor in Computing at University Academy 92 (UA92)
University Academy 92 (UA92)
Hours: Full time (37.5 per week)
Location: Manchester but may be required to travel
Transform Higher Education: Join the UA92 Team
UA92 is a new higher education institution that’s daring to be different. Open to students in 2019, we are looking to build a “best in class” team of expert educators and experienced professionals, with the ability to develop UA92 from the ground up and drive this new venture forwards at pace, establishing it quickly as a sector leader.
At UA92, you will have the opportunity to make an impact in an organisation where change is constant, a challenging convention is embraced and the vision is big!
If you’re a highly skilled, forward-thinking team player with an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for social mobility through life-transforming, career-making higher education, then we’re keen to hear from you!
We are seeking to appoint a highly skilled Tutor in Computing to develop and deliver the curriculum, assess the learning and support students through reaching their full potential.
You will ensure students have a sector leading learning experience that provides a strong trajectory into employment and early career advancement.
You will join a small, agile and forward-looking academic team and will work collegiately with colleagues across the institution and with employer partners to embed the principles, philosophy and values of UA92, ensuring ambitious performance and growth targets are met in your subject area.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Development of high-quality learning resources and delivery of engaging learning activities.
- Designing and applying robust assessment vehicles and providing regular and constructive student feedback.
- Ensuring individual learners are well supported in their personal development journeys.
- Engagement with employer and industry partners to ensure the curriculum and its delivery has currency from a professional practice perspective.
- Active participation in aspiration raising, student recruitment and development of progression partnerships.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a bright and well-qualified individual with sector experience, a track record of success and personal credibility in their subject area. You will be a highly effective educator with exceptional interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively with people from diverse backgrounds. You will also have a passion for providing accessible, high-quality, university-level education, be an innovator in your own practice and be a strong team player and collaborator.
The successful candidate will have:
- Solid subject knowledge with qualifications to match.
- Ability to engage learners actively through the delivery of outstanding student-centric learning experiences.
- Experience of successfully supporting learner attainment and wider personal development.
- An innovative spirit and confidence to develop and apply new techniques and technologies to improve learner success.
Normal working hours are 37.5 per week. However, due to the nature of the post, you will be expected to work flexibly. Consideration will be given to applications for part-time or flexible working, subject to business needs.
For further information about UA92 and all current and future job vacancies, please visit www.ua92.ac.uk.
UA92 values diversity and is committed to equal opportunities. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.