Job offer in england Team Administrator at Wellcome Sanger Institute
We have a new opportunity for an experienced and motivated Administrator to join the Scientific Operations team. You will be joining a small group of administrators that work closely with the Scientific Operations Senior Management Team (SMT) and their areas to support operational delivery.
You will provide high-level administrative support to the Head of Cellular Operations and the Head of Strategic Relations and Delivery. This will include but will not be limited to:
- diary management
- meeting organisation and note taking
- travel arrangements
- project coordination and support
- recruitment and HR support
You will be a confident administrator with the ability to see the bigger picture, spot areas of improvement and relish being part of a small supportive team, and be a visible contributor to the wider Scientific Operations group.
What we can offer you:
In addition to a competitive salary and a variety of benefits you will have the opportunity to expand and develop your role over time, tackle new projects that excite and interest you, and contribute to the ongoing improvement of Scientific Operations.
We value the insights of our support team and you will be invited to attend and be an active participant in our regular Senior Management meetings.
There is a range of training courses facilitated on-site throughout the year and opportunities to gain qualifications relevant to your role outside of the campus.
- Proficient in diary management
- Minute taking, the organisation of committee meetings and management of actions lists
- Excellent interpersonal skills and confident at communicating and establishing relationships with all levels of staff, verbal and written
- A can-do approach to supporting the senior members of staff
- Ability to organise and prioritise own workload
- A flexible approach and ability to manage priorities and to respond to changes in workload at short notice
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Computer literacy to include the Microsoft Office Suite particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Closing Date: 18th January 2019
Scientific Operations comprises around a third of the Institute and is essential to the amazing science that happens on Campus. Activities within Scientific Operations include DNA sequencing, cellular generation, gene-editing, model organisms and software development amongst many others.
The Wellcome Sanger Institute is a charitably funded research centre and committed to training the next generation of genome scientists. Focused on understanding the role of genetics in health and disease and a world leader in the genomic revolution, our mission is to use genome sequences to advance understanding of human and pathogen biology in order to improve human health. We aim to provide results that can be translated into diagnostics, treatments or therapies that reduce global health burdens. Our science is large-scale and organised into Programmes, led by our Faculty who conceive and deliver our science and supported by our Scientific Operations teams responsible for all data production pipelines at the Institute.
Our Campus: Set over 125 acres, the stunning and dynamic Wellcome Genome Campus is the biggest aggregate concentration of people in the world working on the common theme of Genomes and BioData. It brings together a diverse and exceptional scientific community, committed to delivering life-changing science with the reach, scale and imagination to pursue some of humanity’s greatest challenges.
Our Benefits: Our employees have access to a comprehensive range of benefits and facilities including:
- Group Defined Contribution Pension Scheme and Life Assurance
- Group Income Protection
- Private Health Insurance
- 25 days annual leave, increasing by one day a year to a maximum of 30
- Family friendly environment including options for flexible and part-time working, a childcare voucher scheme and Campus Nursery
- Two days paid Employee Volunteering Leave a year
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Campus Gym, tennis courts, cricket pitch and sports hall plus a range of dining facilities
- Active Campus Sports and Social Club
- Free Campus Bus Service
Genome Research Limited holds an Athena SWAN Bronze Award and will consider all individuals without discrimination and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, where everyone can thrive.