Job offer in england Subject Librarian (for ACE at Frenchay) at University of the West of England, Bristol
University of the West of England, Bristol – Frenchay Campus Library
to £38,183 (Band G)
|Placed on:||13th September 2017|
|Closes:||1st October 2017|
Join our Learning Services team at Frenchay Campus Library in the role of Subject Librarian for the faculty of Arts Creative Industries and Education (ACE).
You will have a professional qualification in a library/information related subject and strong evidence of continuing professional development.
This role reports to the Faculty Librarian (who is based on the Bower Ashton campus) and leads the library’s support for programmes in English Language, Linguistics, Creative Writing, History and Education, and Liberal Arts. This includes:
- Leading the development and delivery of academic literacy and other library support for ACE at Frenchay.
- Active involvement in programme development to ensure effective library provision and collaboration.
- Managing the development of the collection for the above subject areas.
- Supervision and management of the ACE librarians’ team at Frenchay. This includes regular update meetings, both individually and as a team, to oversee performance and provide staff support, training, and development.
- Actively engaging in faculty meetings, departmental committees, etc.; presenting papers, contributing to discussion, and responding to issues raised.
- Regular communication with academics through a range of mechanisms (email, face to face, newsletters, etc.) in order to provide support for teaching and research.
- Convening, chairing, and actively participating in meetings both within and outside the library.
- Being responsible for a library-wide initiative, e.g. staff development.
Other benefits, in addition to salary:
- a generous holiday allowance of 27 days;
- up to 12.5 bank holiday/closure days per year in addition;
- flexible working;
- excellent defined benefit pension schemes;
- option to participate in the cycle to work scheme;
- family friendly policies;
- onsite nursery at our Frenchay Campus;
- option to purchase childcare vouchers.
It will be based at the Frenchay Campus and will work closely and regularly with colleagues at Bower Ashton.
Frenchay campus is within close proximity to excellent motorway links and within walking distance of two train stations, making UWE Frenchay Campus the ideal place to work for those wishing to commute to Bristol.
For further information contact Ludovik2.Sebire@uwe.ac.uk via email or on 0117 32 85641.
UWE Bristol is an ambitious university. Together, our people are working hard to advance knowledge, inspire people, and transform futures. We are looking for people with the skills and ambition to help us achieve those aims.
We are a well-established university, with over 27,000 students, 250,000 alumni, and 3,000 staff. Students come to study with us from all over the UK, as well as from 140 different countries around the world, making this a diverse and interesting place to come and study.
It is anticipated that interviews will take place on Monday 16 October.
Share this job
If you have a comment to make about the overall quality of this advert,
or its categorisation then please
send us your feedback
South West England