Job offer in england Student Experience Assistant at University of Sheffield
University of Sheffield – Faculty of Social Sciences – School of Education
to £18,263 per annum
Working Pattern: Full-time 35 hours per week
Salary: Grade 3: £16,654 – £18,263 per annum. Potential to progress to £19,305 per annum through sustained exceptional contribution.
Are you interested in working for a world top 100 University? We are seeking applications for a Student Experience Assistant to join the Professional Service team in the School of Education. The team provides a core administrative service across all our teaching and research activities.
The School is internationally renowned for its research excellence and teaching quality, providing a broad range of undergraduate, postgraduate taught and postgraduate research degree programmes. The School’s business is complex, with a wide range of full-time, part-time, distance and online programmes, some of them taught in overseas locations, making it a vibrant and stimulating environment. We are respected internationally for our forward thinking teaching and international research.
For more information about the School of Education go to http://www.sheffield.ac.uk/education
As Student Experience Assistant you will:
- Provide support to a wide range of administrative tasks related to providing an excellent experience to all our students.
- Be the first point of contact for all student enquiries, developing knowledge of our programmes to be able to provide an effective enquiry desk service.
- Have administrative responsibility for the School’s online ethics process and the arrangement of doctoral confirmation reviews and vivas, and will maintain student records and files, including arranging archiving.
- Provide colleagues with assistance related to our student placements and student attendance monitoring.
You will have the following experience and skills:
- 5 GCSEs at Grade C or above including Maths and English (or equivalent qualifications/experience).
- Excellent IT skills, including Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel.
- Previous administrative experience, preferably within a Higher Education setting.
- Effective communication skills and excellent customer service skills.
We’re one of the best not-for-profit organisations to work for in the UK. The University’s Total Reward Package includes a competitive salary, a generous Pension Scheme and annual leave entitlement, as well as access to a range of learning and development courses to support your personal and professional development.
We build teams of people from different heritages and lifestyles whose talent and contributions complement each other to greatest effect. We believe diversity in all its forms delivers greater impact through research, teaching and student experience.
Follow @sheffielduni and @ShefUniJobs on
Share this job
If you have a comment to make about the overall quality of this advert,
or its categorisation then please
send us your feedback