Job offer in england Senior Lecturer in Politics and International Relations at University of the West of England, Bristol
University of the West of England, Bristol – Department of Health & Social Sciences
to £48,327 per annum
|Placed on:||14th July 2017|
|Closes:||31st August 2017|
UWE Bristol is an ambitious university. Together, our people are working hard to advance knowledge, inspire people and transform futures. We are looking for people with the skills and ambition to help us achieve those aims.
Politics and International Relations at UWE Bristol is located in the interdisciplinary Department of Health and Social Sciences. We are focussed on the delivery of high quality teaching and an excellent student experience, coupled with outstanding research, all delivered with a strong emphasis on the application of academic understanding to real-world contexts with impact. Due to our continuing success, we are now recruiting academic staff in a number of areas.
We are seeking to appoint a Senior Lecturer on a fixed term basis for 12 months, working part time 0.5 FTE.
Working effectively with colleagues, you will be expected to contribute to a learning environment where students have the opportunity to develop the knowledge, skills and confidence to attain the career to which they aspire and to carry out complementary research, knowledge exchange and/or professional practice.
You will be responsible for the delivery of modules on the BA (Hons) Politics and International Relations programme at UWE. In particular you will have responsibility for the delivery of teaching on the recently developed, and highly successful, foundation year to the programme. We will also incorporate your own teaching/research area(s) into the broader programme as much as possible.
- Deliver teaching and learning to support the overall delivery of the modules and programme in order to achieve outstanding learning outcomes for our students.
- Engage in research and/or scholarly/professional activity to enhance and inform teaching design, delivery and curriculum development.
- Actively lead and participate in the design, development and assessment of module(s), and take overall responsibility for the academic health and currency of the module(s)/programme and perform a visible leadership role in relation to the teaching team.
You will have:
- Qualified to PhD level in Politics and/or International Relations
- A proven, and recent, track record in teaching politics and international relations
- A proven, and recent, track record in research and publication in politics and internal relations.
Share this job
If you have a comment to make about the overall quality of this advert,
or its categorisation then please
send us your feedback
South West England