Job offer in england Research Involvement Manager at Arthritis Research UK
The Research Liaison and Evaluation Team are looking for an enthusiastic and conscientious Research Involvement Manager to effectively integrate the perspective of people with arthritis into our research activities.
About the role
For the 1 in 6 people with arthritis in the UK, arthritis attacks what it means to live. Arthritis Care and Arthritis Research UK merged on 1 November 2017 because we believe that together we can overcome the pain, isolation and fatigue of arthritis. To achieve this the charity’s new purpose and strategic focus has put people with arthritis at the centre of what we do.
Our research directorate is passionate about integrating patient insight meaningfully into our decision making. The Research Involvement Manager will oversee this crucial component of our research by working closely alongside the research team, wider charity, research community and people with arthritis. A key responsibility of the role will be to understand our research awards process and to develop effective ways to integrate the insight of people with arthritis to deliver more relevant, higher quality research that improves the lives of people with arthritis.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Knowledge or experience of public and patient involvement (PPI) in research or other relevant context.
- Knowledge or experience of the grant award process from submission to acceptance.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A clear passion and commitment for involving stakeholders in decision-making processes.
- Be efficient and well organised, with the ability to prioritise and meet demanding deadlines.
How to apply
To apply please submit:
- A concise, up-to-date CV
- A supporting statement demonstrating how you meet the key requirements set out in the job description and person specification (Word 213KB)
- Please include where you’ve seen this role advertised
Email your completed application by noon on Monday 3 September to firstname.lastname@example.org
First interviews expected: w/c 10 September in London or Chesterfield
Second interviews expected: w/c 17 September in London or Chesterfield
Arthritis Care and Arthritis Research UK merged on 1 November 2017. We believe that together we can overcome the pain, isolation and fatigue of arthritis and have a greater positive impact on the lives of 10 million people across the UK who are currently living with the condition.
Our ambition is to invest in breakthrough treatments, change attitudes towards arthritis, reach many thousands more with the information and support they need, and influence the provision of services and more essential research into better treatments and cures.
Read more about our merged organisation, working for us and what we offer.