Job offer in england Research Assistant / Associate (Biostatistician) at Simcyp Limited
to £35,000 per annum dependent on qualifications and experience (plus discretionary bonus, pension contribution, health scheme etc.)
|Placed on:||8th December 2017|
|Closes:||7th January 2018|
Line of Management: Senior Scientist in the Modelling and Simulation Group
Holiday Entitlement: 25 days, plus statutory bank holidays
Location: Sheffield, UK
We have an immediate opening for a biostatistician who is keen to apply her/his statistical skills in the field of biological/physiological data analysis and drug development. The candidate should have extensive hands-on experience of biostatistics and be proficient in various statistical data analysis techniques. These should include applying Bayesian approaches in parameter estimation of non-linear time-dependent systems, using Maximum Likelihood and/or Monte Carlo based methods. The candidate should be able to work within a multi-disciplinary environment where scientists from different backgrounds require support for tackling statistical data analysis challenges.
Evidence to show critical assessment of statistical procedures and the ability to carry out research independently will be considered a plus. The post holder is expected to provide on-going customer support and, after training, contribute to education and training activities and client interactions and to act as tutor on workshops.
The successful candidate will join an internationally recognised, multidisciplinary research team, providing opportunities for further development of knowledge and skills. We offer a unique and exciting mix of academic and commercial environments which encourage regular attendance at scientific meetings as part of our continuous education programs.
- MSc or equivalent experience in biostatics or a closely related discipline.
- Possess a strong background in several of the following areas: applied statistics; Bayesian approaches, Monte Carlo methods, clinical study design, optimal study design, Maximum Likelihood.
- Proficient in using R and the related packages.
- Demonstrable communication skills and good interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Familiarity with Bayesian and non-Bayesian approaches to population pharmacokinetic (PoPPK).
- Familiarity with the use of statistical and data analysis packages e.g. SPSS, SAS, WinBUGS, NONMEM.
- Scientific publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- Experience in developing R packages to interact with external tools and developing Shiny applications.
Simcyp is part of Certara, a company which combines sophisticated research and development informatics with the power of predictive science methodologies to span the drug development spectrum and offer pharma a previously unavailable ‘end-to-end’ solution in the quest for improving human health. The Simcyp team conducts cutting-edge research and provides consultancy, knowledge integration tools, algorithms, modelling solutions and databases (implemented in its globally-recognised Simcyp Population-based Simulator) for a client base of major blue-chip pharmaceutical and biotechnology organisations. Simcyp focuses, in particular, on gathering information required for the modelling and simulation (M&S) of the individual time-course and fate of drugs. We are on course to become the global industry standard, consequently, there is a continuous requirement for high quality people to join us, help in our expansion and share in our success.
Please send your CV, covering letter and the names of two references quoting to:
Share this job
If you have a comment to make about the overall quality of this advert,
or its categorisation then please
send us your feedback