Job offer in england Recruitment & Outreach Manager (Future Quest) at University of the West of England, Bristol
University of the West of England, Bristol – Future Students, Recruitment and Outreach Department
to £38,183 per annum
|Placed on:||15th September 2017|
|Closes:||10th October 2017|
The Recruitment and Outreach team at UWE Bristol are looking to recruit a Recruitment and Outreach Manager (Future Quest) on a fixed term basis (maternity cover).
Future Quest is a government funded outreach programme delivered by UWE Bristol in collaboration with the University of Bristol and third sector organisations. The project is designed to meet the needs of the Bristol City region with the aim of increasing progression of underrepresented groups to higher education.
The Recruitment and Outreach Manager (Future Quest) will have oversight of the programme and duties will include:
- operational lead for the project, delivering within budget and to agreed timescales
- managing the relationship between internal and external stakeholders
- line management of the UWE Bristol Future Quest team
- collaborating with stakeholders to ensure the design and delivery of a project action plan that reflects and responds effectively to learner needs
- providing regular monitoring and evaluation and data reports and insights to stakeholder and external bodies
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate:
- experience of successfully managing a complex project
- ability to work confidently with a wider range of stakeholders
- experience of managing and developing a team within a complex organisation
- experience of analysing and interpreting complex information and data
- up to date knowledge and understanding of key issues and concerns in widening participation, outreach and recruitment to HE in both the local/regional and national context
- excellent organisational skills and experience of planning and delivering a wide range of events
- excellent IT skills
- an appreciation of higher education and the delivery of university courses.
Other benefits, in addition to salary:
- a generous holiday allowance of 27 days
- up to 12.5 bank holiday/closure days per year in addition;
- flexible working;
- excellent defined benefit pension schemes;
- option to participate in the cycle to work scheme;
- family friendly policies;
- onsite nursery at our Frenchay Campus;
- option to purchase childcare vouchers.
This post is based at our lively Frenchay campus where we have invested in the latest facilities and resources to give our students access to everything they need to succeed – with £300m being spent on new state-of-the-art learning spaces and accommodation between now and 2020 to enhance our offer even further. Frenchay campus is within close proximity to excellent motorway links and within walking distance of two train stations, making UWE Frenchay Campus the ideal place to work for those wishing to commute to Bristol.
UWE Bristol is an ambitious university. Together, our people are working hard to advance knowledge, inspire people and transform futures. We are looking for people with the skills and ambition to help us achieve those aims.
We are a well-established university, with over 27,000 students, 250,000 alumni and 3,000 staff. Students come to study with us from all over the UK, as well as from 140 different countries around the world, making this a diverse and interesting place to come and study.
This post is fixed term maternity cover for 10 months, or the earlier return of the post holder.
For further information on this post please contact Andrew Carter, Head of Recruitment and Outreach at Andrew.Carter@uwe.ac.uk or 0117 32 82304.
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 25th October
Share this job
If you have a comment to make about the overall quality of this advert,
or its categorisation then please
send us your feedback
South West England