Job offer in england Projects Manager- Careers Network at Loughborough University
Loughborough University – Careers Network
to £38,183 per annum. Subject to annual pay award.
Due to internal promotion an opportunity has arisen to join the University’s Careers Network team to develop and lead targeted project activities. These projects will focus on enhancing participation in placements and work-based learning and optimising outcomes for student groups who are currently under-represented or for whom there are concerns regarding equality of opportunity and outcomes.
The role will also include support for student outreach activities to provide prospective university students with insights into career choices and career management, supporting efforts to widen participation in higher education.
Projects to enhance student progression and outcomes will be developed on the basis of detailed statistical analysis, as well as consultation with students, staff and relevant external stakeholders.
Once project proposals are approved the role-holder will lead the planning, effective delivery and evaluation of the projects, with guidance from the Careers Network senior management team and in partnership with other colleagues.
Applicants will need to demonstrate:
- skills in the delivery of student advice, gained in careers, employability or placements support, ideally in HE;
- a good awareness of widening participation, student social mobility and equality of opportunity;
- an understanding of the value of placements and work-based learning;
- excellent data capture, data analysis and research skills;
- project management skills with the ability to negotiate with a range of partners, lead activity and deliver positive outcomes;
- an understanding of process improvement methodology;
- evidence of personal impact on projects supporting student/individual progress and outcomes.
This will be combined with excellent interpersonal skills, a proven ability to multi-task, and evidence of personal initiative with a solution-led approach to challenges.
Informal enquiries should be made to Helen Smith by email at H.Smith@lboro.ac.uk or by telephone on +44 (0)1509 222048.
Application Closing Date: 22 June 2017.
Interview date: 29 June 2017.
Loughborough University is committed to achieving equality and valuing diversity in all aspects of employment and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Share this job
If you have a comment to make about the overall quality of this advert,
or its categorisation then please
send us your feedback
Midlands of England