Job offer in england Procurement Hub Assistant at University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham – Finance Office
to £24,591 a year
|Placed on:||24th May 2017|
|Closes:||21st June 2017|
We are seeking to recruit a Procurement Hub Assistant, who will process all financial transactions with due regard to the University’s financial rules and regulations. This will include providing advice, guidance and resolutions to all service users, assessing, processing, monitoring and reviewing financial transactions whilst maintaining a strong audit trail and developing systems which meet the needs of the University.
The post-holder will be required to have excellent IT skills, a sound understanding of accounting concepts and strong communication skills to ensure that services can be professionally managed and good relationships are maintained.
The post-holder will be required to manage a diverse workload and will be expected to exercise appropriate judgement in processing financial transactions, contribute to finance process reviews to ensure effectiveness, and be involved in ensuring the services provided reflect the changing needs of Corporate Services and support the efficiency agenda.
To seek to build in where practical, environmental and ethical activities within the procurement process and the category under your control, key developments would cover; Social Value, waste reduction, supply chain enhancements and ethics, student employment opportunities and develop wider initiatives.
- Use of IT including; Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook including financial systems (Proactis accounting system or equivalent) and the ability to create, maintain and manipulate spreadsheets and to understand and interpret the information contained in them.
- Demonstrable experience of Finance Administration ideally within a Higher Education environment or able to demonstrate equivalent relevant experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer skills in general but in particular the ability to develop appropriate level of skills in the use of specific software applications, for example, the University’s commitment accounting and purchase to pay systems.
- A sound demonstrable understanding of accounting concepts and accounting principles.
- Strong ability for attention to detail.
- Able to demonstrate ability to work on several tasks simultaneously and creatively solving problems using own initiative seeking advice where required.
- Ability to maintain strong audit trail.
- Excellent customer service skills with an approachable and professional attitude and the ability to communicate effectively and courteously at all levels.
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s or equivalent is essential, including passes in English and Mathematics.
- Experience of working in an office environment with a track record of working as a team member and the ability to relate to, and work with, a range of people at all levels within the University and outside organisations.
Informal enquiries can be made to Jonathan Jones email@example.com.
To download the details of this position and submit an electronic application online please click on the Apply Online button below, please quote Job Ref 56692 in all enquiries.
Valuing excellence, sustaining investment
Share this job
If you have a comment to make about the overall quality of this advert,
or its categorisation then please
send us your feedback
Midlands of England