Job offer in england Postdoctoral Research Assistant at Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University – Faculty of Health and Life Sciences
to £30,175 rising annually to £32,958 depending on experience
|Placed on:||20th June 2017|
|Closes:||13th July 2017|
£26,052, rising annually to £28,452 or £30,175 rising annually to £32,958 depending on experience
We seek applicants for the position of Postdoctoral Research Assistant (grade 7 or 8, depending on experience) to join the international research group of Dr Dave Carter. The project will involve investigating the routes of extracellular vesicle uptake into mammalian cells. We will also investigate how extracellular vesicles mediate intercellular responses during stress. This position is funded by the BBSRC for 3 years and is available immediately.
For informal inquiries please contact Dr Dave Carter (email@example.com).
You should have:
- a PhD in Cell or Molecular Biology, or equivalent
- some familiarity with concepts and approaches in extracellular vesicle biology
- general molecular biology lab skills.
- at least one first author publication in a peer-reviewed journal – Grade 8
- research experience in Cell or Molecular Biology *
- experience with mammalian cell culture *
- experience of data collection from multiple sources *
*please note you must have significant experience in these areas for the grade 8 role.
You will be:
- working closely with the Head of the Research Group and others on specific research project on EV uptake mechanisms and investigating the processes of intercellular stress response
- responsible day-to-day for various research projects including financial monitoring of consumables required for the projects
- planning and carrying out experimental work, keeping accurate laboratory notebooks, data analysis and interpretation and report writing
- assisting with the preparation of papers for publication and make presentations at meetings and/or conferences.
International applicants from outside the EU will need to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the UK.
Interview date: 27th July 2017
Location : Gipsy Lane Site, Headington Campus
Share this job
If you have a comment to make about the overall quality of this advert,
or its categorisation then please
send us your feedback
South East England