Job offer in england Porter (Part-time) at University of Bath
The University of Bath Accommodation department houses over 4000 students throughout the academic year and during the summer month’s external companies use our accommodation services for conferences, summer camps and away days.
We have a vacancy for a part time Accommodation Porter (35 hours a week) to provide a high quality porter service in our City Centre student accommodation.
As an Accommodation Porter you will be required to remove general waste and recycling in accordance with service level agreements, undertake some general maintenance tasks around the student accommodation reporting maintenance requirements and ensuring health and safety within the workplace. Other responsibilities include supporting the commercial business, including the organisation of linen, and stores. Full details of this role are included in the Job Description.
The residences are used by students and external customers and cleaning is required in some areas at weekends, therefore there is an expectation to work weekends on a rota basis. Weekend rota work requirements apply mainly during peak periods (June to September). You will work 5 days out of 7 and have days off during the week when you are required to work at weekends.
Experience of working in a hotel or student accommodation environment would be an advantage. A driving licence is also beneficial.
If you enjoy striving to achieve high levels of customer service and working within a team then this could be the role for you.
Here are some of the benefits of working here:
- A competitive rate of pay
- A generous pension scheme
- Up to 25 days annual leave per year, eight banks holidays and five extra discretionary days
- A 36.5 hour week and no split shifts
- We close over the Christmas break but you’re still paid for this time off
- Regular awards for shining stars, from £20 Love2Shop vouchers up to annual awards of £750
- A commitment to the wellbeing of our teams, with mindfulness sessions, fitness boot camps and free health checks
- Great staff social events
- A staff suggestion scheme, with the chance to share your ideas and earn a £20 voucher
- The chance to develop, with many training courses and job shadowing opportunities
- Up to 20 hours a year personal development time for fitness classes, training, volunteering and charity work
- Tax and national insurance savings through salary exchange schemes on nursery care and child care vouchers.