Job offer in england Painting and Decorating Lecturer (Part Time) at Milton Keynes College
Hours: 18.5 hours per week, 52 weeks per year.
HMP Isle of Wight – Parkhurst’s education department are looking for an experienced Painting & Decorating lecturer / tutor / teacher to deliver Painting and Decorating to a diverse group of learners within the prison on a part-time basis. This opportunity is a job share; you would be working alongside another member of staff on a part-time basis.
As a Lecturer within our Milton Keynes College Offender Learning team, you will help to develop a strong Painting & Decorating programme that meets the needs of the learners, prison and Milton Keynes College.
This is an exciting opportunity for a dedicated lecturer / tutor / teacher to deliver high learner success, through effective teaching and delivery in Painting and Decorating. This vacancy would suit a highly motivated Painting and Decorating teacher, with a can do approach to education. The ideal candidate will be a passionate and creative lecturer, who can thrive upon working within a challenging yet rewarding environment, who can offer skills & knowledge to our learners and guide them throughout their courses.
As a successful candidate, you will:
- Hold a relevant qualification (level 3 or above).
- Hold a recognised teaching qualification (DTLLS, PGCE, Cert Ed) or willing to work towards.
- Hold relevant assessor/verifier awards.
- Have teaching/training or vocational experience in relevant subject area and relevant up-to-date knowledge.
- Have a proven track record of managing and supporting diverse groups of learners through nationally accredited programmes.
- Have experience of identifying, developing and sharing innovative and creative teaching resources.
- Have experience of working with students who may have little experience of education and training (desirable).
- Have knowledge of current curriculum and accreditation developments within Further Education and specific subject area(s).
- Have the ability to teach creatively, adapting to the needs of a variety of learners and willing to explore new teaching and learning strategies.
- Have good IT skills and willing to develop further.
- Show accuracy and precision in written presentation.
- The requirement of this role is to work across the whole prison estate, on all wings where education is delivered.