Job offer in england Marketing Assistant at University of Plymouth
External Relations is a dynamic and creative Directorate, which is responsible for the University’s external engagement and communications encompassing Marketing Services, Media and Communications, Development and Alumni and Student Recruitment and Admissions. The Marketing Office within External Relations Directorate requires a creative and proactive Marketing Assistant to join them.
The Marketing team plans and delivers the integrated marketing and communication campaigns for the University’s portfolio of strategic projects. Broadly speaking, with the exception of direct student recruitment, this covers student experience, research, public arts, fundraising and brand development and profile.
Under the direction of the Marketing Team Lead, in support of the full team, you will provide robust tactical level marketing and administrative support for the portfolio. In addition, you will also run the social media accounts for Peninsula Arts, the University’s public arts programme. As a key member of our team, you will thrive under the pressure of a fast-paced environment whilst contributing to a customer focused, cost effective and efficient external relations service.
- Design and print: commissioning, administration and distribution
- Copy editing and proof reading
- Image bank administration
- Web, social media and e-communications
- Liaison with internal and external stakeholders and suppliers
- Event support
Essential skills, knowledge & experience the successful candidate should be able to demonstrate:-
- A Level or equivalent standard
- Experience of working in an office environment undertaking both marketing specific and general administrative tasks
- Good knowledge of Microsoft packages: Word, Excel and Outlook
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organisational skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Creative and solutions focussed
- Ability to work with teams
- Experience of working to deadlines
- Ability to prioritise own workload
This is a Full Time position working 37 hours per week on a Permanent basis.
Closing date: 12 midnight, Wednesday 27 September 2017
Anticipated Interview date: TUESDAY 17 OCTOBER
University of Plymouth is committed to an inclusive culture and respecting diversity, and welcomes applications from all sections of the community and is a Stonewall diversity champion.
The University holds a Bronze Athena SWAN Award which recognises commitment to advancing women’s career in STEMM academia.
University of Plymouth has been recognised by Bloomberg as one of the 50 best UK employers for 2016.