Job offer in england Marketing and Student Recruitment Coordinator at University of Birmingham
Band 500 – Full time starting salary is normally in the range £22,722 to £24,411. With potential progression once in post to £28,259 a year
Working under the direction of the College Marketing and Student Recruitment Officer, the post holder will be actively involved in the delivery of marketing and communications activity to support the recruitment of students into the College of Life and Environmental Sciences. This will involve marketing to a range of audiences and engaging with a range of stakeholders including prospective students and their parents/guardians both in the UK and overseas.
The post holder will focus on day to day support of student recruitment activities and processes, and support the delivery of marketing operations. He/she will be expected to build and maintain relationships with a wide variety of staff in the College, across External Relations and the wider University, as well as interact on a daily basis with prospective students and parents. This is a varied and rewarding role for someone wishing to develop their experience within student recruitment and marketing.
- Relevant experience, preferably in higher education and events
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to use tact and diplomacy when dealing with difficult situations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to write clearly and concisely for a range of audiences, including to applicants, parents and staff
- Excellent attention to detail, with high standards of accuracy
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of professionalism and discretion particularly when dealing with information of a confidential nature
- An innovative and creative approach to student recruitment activities
- Demonstrable commitment to customer service. A strong understanding of how to respond to differing stakeholders’ needs, including internal customers across different University departments, and applicants/enquirers from a diverse range of backgrounds.
- Excellent organisational skills, including the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines and an ability to prioritise and schedule workloads.
- A high level of initiative is required along with the capacity to work independently, whilst playing an active role in team-based tasks
- Confident and competent use of IT
- Knowledge of Customer Relationship Management systems and their benefits
- Flexibility to work out of hours is required (e.g. weekend and evenings)
To download the details and submit an electronic application online please click on the Apply Online button below; please quote Job Reference in all enquiries. Alternatively information can be obtained from 0121 415 9000 or visit www.birmingham.ac.uk/jobs