Job offer in england Library Information Assistant at University of the West of England, Bristol
University of the West of England, Bristol – Library Services
|Placed on:||28th September 2017|
|Closes:||4th October 2017|
UWE Bristol Library Services aims to deliver outstanding library resources and services to both students and staff. We support a large and diverse student body, both in the UK and internationally, with our growing digital collections and services, the latest of which is reading list software.
We are looking for a motivated individual to join our Learning Services Team on a fixed term basis to cover a two year Secondment or earlier return of the post holder. As a Library Information Assistant at the Glenside campus you will have a key role in welcoming and supporting students at the helpdesk, and throughout the library, with a range of enquiries in support of their study needs.
You will have proven experience in an administrative and customer focused role. You will also have experience of supporting enquiries and a diverse customer base. You will be well motivated to learn and develop whilst working collaboratively with colleagues throughout the university and within a rapidly changing environment.
The main areas of work include:
- Dealing with a range of informational, directional and technical enquiries
- Helping library users to get the best out of the library’s web site, e.g. recommending useful resources to support their research and writing, and helping with reading lists
- Referring students to academic skills workshops, library colleagues or other professional services and faculty colleagues who can support more specialist needs
- Working within guidelines and being pro-active to provide the best service possible
- Making accurate and effective use of computerised office systems (including, Email, Microsoft Office applications) plus the Library Management System, the reading list software, and other web technologies.
Other benefits, in addition to salary:
- a generous holiday allowance of 25 days
- up to 12.5 bank holiday/closure days per year in addition;
- flexible working;
- excellent defined benefit pension schemes;
- option to participate in the cycle to work scheme;
- family friendly policies;
- onsite nursery at our Frenchay Campus;
- option to purchase childcare vouchers.
UWE is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community. We particularly encourage and welcome applicants from the Black and Minority Ethnic community to apply.
UWE Bristol is an ambitious university. Together, our people are working hard to advance knowledge, inspire people and transform futures. We are looking for people with the skills and ambition to help us achieve those aims.
We are a well-established university, with over 27,000 students, 250,000 alumni and 3,000 staff. Students come to study with us from all over the UK, as well as from 140 different countries around the world, making this a diverse and interesting place to come and study.
This is a fixed term post and it is open to job share. Please contact Chris.Jarrett@uwe.ac.uk (tel: 0117 32 88592) for further details. Interviews are likely to take place on 18 October.
Share this job
If you have a comment to make about the overall quality of this advert,
or its categorisation then please
send us your feedback
South West England