Job offer in england Lecturer in Counselling and Psychotherapy at University of Derby
University of Derby
to £37,205 per annum
|Placed on:||14th June 2017|
|Closes:||7th July 2017|
Inspire, Innovate, Impact.
At the University of Derby, people are at the heart of everything we do. As a major, local employer we not only offer one of the region’s most competitive reward packages, but we are also constantly recognising and rewarding individual contribution, as well as helping to develop colleagues both personally and professionally. We take pride in being a really friendly, supportive and innovative workplace and we are genuinely committed to offering colleagues the opportunity to develop a fantastic, long-lasting career here with us.
We encourage applications from a diverse workforce who can help us achieve our desire to be the ambitious student’s natural choice for quality, support and achievement.
About the role
Applications are invited for a Lecturer in counselling and psychotherapy to contribute to the teaching, curriculum development, research and consultancy in this discipline area. In particular we are looking to expand the teaching team for our undergraduate degree in Counselling and Psychotherapy Principles and Practices.
You will join a highly committed and expanding team that provide a range of degree and postgraduate programmes in Counselling and Psychotherapy with high professional standing and high standards. We expect that you would:-
- Engage in the development and delivery of an innovative and flexible range of learning and teaching materials
- Provide high quality, accessible learning opportunities and an exceptional student experience in line with the University’s strategic objectives, ensuring that employability and ‘ real-world’ learning are at the heart of the curriculum
- Engage in research which influences cutting edge practice, informs and inspires a research-led curriculum and contributes to the Research Excellence Framework
The successful candidate will have at least a Master’s degree in Counselling and/or Psychotherapy and professional experience and relevant professional accreditation.
- Accessible location; Derby is a thriving, multi-cultural city with easy access from any location within the UK
- Competitive rates of pay
- Competitive, family friendly reward packages
- Access to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Discount savings scheme and extensive staff discounts on accredited courses for yourself or family to study here at the University
- Cycle2Work scheme and subsidised travel
- Vast programme of training courses and secondment opportunities
- Local recognition scheme
For more information and to apply on-line, please click the “Apply” button below.
Share this job
If you have a comment to make about the overall quality of this advert,
or its categorisation then please
send us your feedback
Midlands of England