Job offer in england Lecturer in Computing at University of Kent
University of Kent – School of Computing
to £47,722 per annum (grade 7 or 8).
|Placed on:||28th December 2017|
|Closes:||22nd January 2018|
The School of Computing has an international reputation for its research in programming languages, with csrankings.org rating it 4th in the world over the past three years. The School’s strategy is to continue to reinforce its strength in this area.
We therefore seek to appoint a Lecturer with research interests in Programming Languages. The successful candidate will help us to build on the success of the recent REF exercise when we were ranked in the top quartile of 89 Computing departments across the country, coming 12th by Research Intensity. You will also make a significant contribution to teaching at all levels.
The School of Computing is a welcoming and diverse environment that has been recognised with a Bronze Athena SWAN award. We are keen to enhance the balanced, inclusive and diverse nature of the community within the School and would particularly encourage female candidates to apply for this post.
As a Lecturer in Computing you will:
- Undertake teaching of both undergraduate and postgraduate students, including the development of new modules and providing support for student learning.
- Develop and extend your existing successful research career of an international calibre, securing appropriate external funding.
- Collaborate with colleagues in the School on course development, delivery and assessment, taking on appropriate management and administrative responsibilities.
- Engage in continuous professional development.
To succeed in this role you will have:
- A First degree or equivalent and a PhD in a relevant discipline or similar professional experience.
- Advanced, up-to-date knowledge of computer science and its applications and the ability to develop an independent research programme.
- High quality research experience in an area relevant to the Programming Languages and Systems Research group.
- A Recent track record of publication in leading international journals or conferences and the ability to make a strong contribution to the research undertaken in the School.
The School of Computing at Kent is a welcoming and diverse environment that has been recognised with a Bronze Athena SWAN award. We are keen to enhance the balanced, inclusive and diverse nature of the community within the School and to build on our success in teaching, research and innovation.
Start date for applications: 27 October 2017
Closing date for applications: 22 January 2018
Interviews are to be held: 27 February 2018
Please press the apply button below to go to the university’s website where you can view the full job description and also apply for this post. If you require further information regarding the application process please contact The Resourcing Team on email@example.com quoting ref number: STM0857.
Please note – applications must be made via the University’s online application system. You will be required to fill in the main details section of the application form as well as upload your CV and a cover letter. Your cover letter should clearly and explicitly address the requirements of the Person specification and you should provide clear evidence and examples in your application which back-up any assertions you make in relation to each criterion. We recommend a maximum of 4 x A4 sides for this document.
CVs or details sent directly to the department or via email cannot be considered.
If you are invited for an interview, we will request references for you at that stage.
Share this job
If you have a comment to make about the overall quality of this advert,
or its categorisation then please
send us your feedback
South East England