Job offer in england Laboratory Services Lead – Centre for Environment, Fisheries & Aquaculture Science(CEFAS)
Centre for Environment, Fisheries & Aquaculture Science(CEFAS) – Science Services
|Salary:||Payband 6, Civil Service Equivalent SEO|
|Hours:||Full Time, Part Time|
|Placed on:||16th June 2017|
|Closes:||29th June 2017|
As part of an ongoing process of professionalising the provision of laboratory and workshop services across Cefas, an opportunity has arisen for someone to take on a leading role in the implementation of effective and consistent laboratory management practices. The role will provide an important contribution to the development of procedures and practices to ensure the provision of high quality, cost-effective and safe laboratory facilities to enable our scientists to conduct excellent science for our customers.
Based in Lowestoft, but with responsibility for laboratory areas across the organisation, the post will be part of the Science Services group answering directly to the Science Services Director.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Responsibility for the effective day-to-day operations of Cefas’ laboratory facilities.
- Working closely with the Science Services Director and other colleagues to develop and establish cost-effective and safe procedures for working in Cefas laboratories.
- Responsibility for monitoring utilisation of key facilities.
- Keeping abreast of modern laboratory management practices.
- To develop and maintain external links to other laboratory providers across government and academia to learn and share best-practice and to establish back-up provision of key facilities as necessary.
- Act as the main point of contact for scientists in terms of discussing laboratory use, availability and facility development needs to meet the science delivery requirement.
- Liaising directly with facilities management to resolve any issues associated with the laboratory and workshop areas.
- The role may have line management responsibility for relevant specialist and support staff within Science Services.
You should have significant relevant experience, management training/qualifications, and evidence of extensive and successful working in the provision of effective laboratory services. You will need to be exceptionally well organised and an excellent communicator.
For full details and to apply online please go to: https://www.civilservicejobs.service.gov.uk/csr/jobs.cgi?jcode=+1544974.
Closing date for applications is 29 June 2017.