Job offer in england IT Continuous Improvement Lead at University of Southampton
iSolutions provides a broad and complex range of ICT services to support our diverse user community of students and University staff. We operate across multiple campuses in the Southampton and Winchester areas and are increasingly diversifying internationally with a campus in southern Malaysia and multiple international collaborations.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within iSolutions for a dynamic and enthusiastic Continuous Improvement (CI) Lead with a proven track record in the application of Lean Six Sigma and Continuous Improvement in an operational change environment. This role will be responsible for leading CI and Customer Experience activity across the department.
- To lead in development and deployment of Continuous Improvement (CI) and Customer Experience (CX) related activities, supporting the delivery of the iSolutions CI and CX strategies
- Leading the department in the identification of business issues and opportunities
- Engage with our teams to lead and support in the identification, prioritisation and delivery of CI/CX projects/initiatives, developing and delivering effective and sustainable solutions
- Support teams in identification and realisation of quantifiable benefits associated with improvement/CX initiatives
- Build a comprehensive understanding of all related functional areas within iSolutions and how their processes and resources interact with each other, thereby improving cross functional working/collaboration and enabling more efficient and effective end to end services and processes
- Create, innovate, monitor and manage the customer experience across our services and processes, overseeing interactions with customers across all touch points in order to maximise value and provide a consistent experience
- To train, mentor and coach staff in LSS methodology, tools and techniques
Working across all levels within the organisation, excellent communication, interpersonal, planning and organisational skills will be essential to this role.
You will be a strong leader who has the capability to support, focus and motivate high performing teams within a demanding and ever changing environment, creating a positive, dynamic and exciting change culture within the department and beyond.
With our strong commitment to deploying and embedding CI and the recent launch of Lean Six Sigma training across iSolutions, this is an extremely exciting time to join the team and support in the delivery of the iSolutions CI and CX Strategies.
This role will not only provide the successful candidate with an exciting, challenging and rewarding experience, but will also be a fantastic opportunity to focus on self-development in a supportive, fun and creative environment.
About working at the University of Southampton
The University offers excellent benefits including a defined benefits pension scheme. Generous holidays, 30 days of annual leave, plus University closure days and public holidays and a number of University employee discount schemes. There are generous maternity and paternity policies, childcare facilities and a childcare voucher scheme to help pay for childcare. Please see link to our website: https://www.southampton.ac.uk/hr/services/benefits-explained/index.page
The role will be based at our 1 Guildhall Square, Southampton
We welcome applicants who have had career breaks for reasons including maternity, paternity or adoption leave, disability, or illness.