Job offer in england Information Assistant (fixed-term post) at University of Bath
University of Bath – Careers Service
to £20,989 per annum
|Placed on:||9th January 2018|
|Closes:||23rd January 2018|
The University of Bath is one of the UK’s leading universities, with an international reputation for research and teaching and a leading position for graduate employability.
The Careers Service supports students by providing careers and employability planning, information, advice and guidance. We also organise employer events to facilitate graduate recruitment, and we process and disseminate data on the destinations of Bath graduates, which is published in league tables and widely publicised.
We are looking for a capable and professional Information Assistant to help provide our first point of contact for clients.
- Deal with enquiries from students and others, including providing access to the support provided by Careers Advisers
- Prepare and publish information in online and other formats
- Assist with marketing services and resources to students, including via social media
- Assist with processing and dissemination of destinations surveys
- Provide some administrative support for our events programmes.
Key attributes for this job:
- Good secondary education
- Excellent verbal communication skills, and likely to have experience in an enquiries or customer service role
- First class written English
- Extensive skills with Microsoft Office including Word and Excel
- Ability to learn new software skills rapidly
- Team person with skills to work flexibly and prioritise tasks
- A positive attitude with colleagues and clients
- Knowledge of current issues in Higher Education and the issues faced by students would be an advantage.
The post is based at the Careers Service’s new headquarters in the Virgil Building in the city centre. It is a full-time position (36.5 hours per week) for a fixed-term period of 1 year, however it is not suitable for job-share.
We expect to issue invitations to interview in the week of the closing date and we would ideally like the new post holder to start as soon as possible after interview.
If you have questions about the role please contact Anna Baildon, Information Services Manager (A.J.Baildon@bath.ac.uk) or Jayne Hacker, Destinations Survey Manager (J.Hacker@bath.ac.uk).
The University of Bath is an equal opportunities employer and has an excellent international reputation with staff from over 60 different nations. To achieve our global aspirations, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
Share this job
If you have a comment to make about the overall quality of this advert,
or its categorisation then please
send us your feedback
South West England