Job offer in england Hospitality Assistant Manager at University of Bath
University of Bath – Hospitality
|Location:||Bath, Home Based|
rising to £24,983
|Placed on:||31st August 2017|
|Closes:||13th September 2017|
The University of Bath Hospitality department provides catering to students, staff and external customers throughout the academic year and during summer months. There are numerous outlets offering a wide range of food and drink options. You can find out more about our outlets here: http://www.bath.ac.uk/groups/eateries/
We have vacancies for 2 Assistant Hospitality Managers. One role is for Virgil Café based in Bath City Centre and the other is for our food order service, Food Direct. Both of the roles on offer are varied and you will have the responsibility of driving the business forward and shaping its future from marketing development to service standards and customer service delivery. You’ll ensure that procedures regarding financial control, Health and Safety, and Licensing Law, are adhered to within University guidelines. You will also use sales trends to come up with new promotional campaigns with our marketing team. You’ll have experience in providing training and of managing functions and events. Previous experience in finance, budgetary and variance reporting is desirable. More detail on each of the roles can be found below:
You will manage the front of house operations for Virgil Café ensuring that customer care and service standards are always high. You will have previous management experience in a coffee shop front of house operation and will be used to working with a busy and varied array of tasks. You’ll have great communication skills and be able to motivate your team to achieve high standards. You will be a self-starter with the ability to take initiative.
You will oversee the team that delivers hospitality orders around campus. You’ll liaise closely with the Sales & Events teams to ensure successful delivery of conference catering and work with the Internal Sales Coordinator to assist in processing and organising internal bookings. You will have previous management experience in a high volume front of house operation. You will need to ability to effectively delegate tasks and the ability to plan for future events.
Both roles include early morning, evening and weekend working on a 5 out of 7 days per week contract (36.5 hours per week).
Here’s just some of the benefits of working with us
- A competitive rate of pay
- A generous pension scheme
- Up to 25 days annual leave per year, eight banks holidays and five extra discretionary days
- A 36.5 hour week and no split shifts
- We close over the Christmas break but you’re still paid for this time off
- Regular awards for shining stars, from £20 Love2Shop vouchers up to annual awards of £750
- A commitment to the wellbeing of our teams, with mindfulness sessions, fitness boot camps and free health checks
- Great staff social events
- A staff suggestion scheme, with the chance to share your ideas and earn a £20 voucher
- The chance to develop, with many training courses and job shadowing opportunities
- Up to 20 hours a year personal development time for fitness classes, training, volunteering and charity work
- Tax and national insurance savings through salary exchange schemes on nursery care and childcare vouchers.
The University of Bath is an equal opportunities employer and has an excellent international reputation with staff from over 60 different nations. To achieve our global aspirations, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
Share this job
If you have a comment to make about the overall quality of this advert,
or its categorisation then please
send us your feedback
South West England