Job offer in england Genetics and Fertility Dairy Knowledge Exchange – Technical Manager at Agriculture and Horticulture Development Board
Agriculture and Horticulture Development Board – Technical Directorate – Dairy Knowledge Exchange
to £41,500 per annum
|Placed on:||5th January 2018|
|Closes:||21st January 2018|
The Agriculture and Horticulture Development Board (AHDB) is a statutory levy board, funded by farmers, growers and others in the supply chain and managed as an independent organisation (independent of both commercial industry and of Government).
Our purpose is to inspire our farmers, growers and industry to succeed in a rapidly changing world.
Our vision is for a world-class food and farming industry inspired by, and competing with the best.
Our philosophy is that levy payers are at the heart of what we do. In order to deliver genuine levy payer focus there is a sector advisory committee (known as ‘sector board’) for each of the six commodity sectors represented by AHDB. Each sector board comprises levy payers, other stakeholders from the sector and independent members. The main AHDB Board has delegated the responsibility to each sector board to develop the most appropriate strategies to meet the challenges of the sector; to ensure the relevant levy rate is recommended in order to provide adequate funding for the required work; to monitor strategy implementation and to approve remedies where performance deviates from plan. The sector board members are appointed by AHDB.
The Dairy Knowledge Exchange team fulfills a significant role in delivering AHDB Dairy’s strategy, coordinating Knowledge Exchange across the GB Dairy sector and the delivery of resources, activities and events via industry partners and direct to farmers.
Knowledge Exchange technical managers provide a link between the science teams at AHDB, industry partners and dairy farmers. You will work closely with colleagues in the Animal genetics and Signet breeding teams at AHDB. As a field based representative of AHDB Dairy you would be responsible for working closely with industry partners to coordinate the delivery of knowledge exchange activity and promote the uptake of AHDB resources focused on the important areas of Genetics and Fertility.
- The role of AHDB Dairy KE Technical Manager is to build networks to influence and complement KE delivery from significant third parties working in the genetics and fertility areas, ensuring AHDB priorities are promoted across the wider GB dairy sector.
- The KE Technical Manager will also ensure that any direct delivery by AHDB on genetics and fertility topics is correctly targeted, focussing activity to meet the priorities of the activity plan.
- In addition to working with industry third parties a key function of this role is to work across AHDB teams and ensure all new genetic work and future developments are ‘joined up’ and a coherent delivery plan is established. The role of KE Technical Manager will be instrumental in ensuring work from the Animal genetics and Animal Genetics & product quality teams is coordinated and linked to KE delivery and communication
- Significant practical experience of delivering technical information targeting uptake by farmers
- A skilled communicator able to speak and write persuasively and with authority
- A proven track record of delivering respected and well received technical presentations
- Recognised as an industry expert in the genetics and fertility with significant industry experience
- Confident to work with and lead industry partners from across the Dairy sector
- Will hold a relevant degree and/or equivalent and may have higher level professional and or technical qualification.
Share this job
If you have a comment to make about the overall quality of this advert,
or its categorisation then please
send us your feedback
Midlands of England