Job offer in england Developer at Birmingham City University
Location: City Centre Campus
Interview Date: TBC
An exciting position within the IT Development Team of one of the region’s largest and most ambitious Universities.
The mixed discipline team of .NET developers, testers, designers and BI developers provide software solutions for students and staff of the institution in the areas of web, mobile, integration and data. Highly dynamic, the team use Scrum with Agile Testing with cutting edge and cloud-based tooling to bring quality and value to a wide spectrum of stakeholders.
We are seeking a .NET developer with experience in SQL Server SSIS who has a track record of systems integration. The University operates a number of line-of-business systems, both on-premise and as Software as a Service and integration between these is a critical capability for cross service processes and data.
Experienced in agile development environments, you will become an integral part of a scrum team focussed on delivering quality solutions to the University, working in tandem with Architects, Developers and Testers in a highly collaborative build-test-ship partnership.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone wanting to make their mark on how software solutions are delivered and maintain exposure to cutting edge practices, tooling and software solutions.
- C# w/ .NET Framework (4.x) for general applications development
- .NET Core (any)
- SQL Server development for applications
- SQL Server SSIS for data integration
- Creating and consuming web APIs.
- Integration A2A
- JSON, XML & CSV
- Working with source control such as VSTS (Azure DevOps), SVN & Git
- Experience in Agile/Scrum development methodologies.
- Azure development, particularly iPaaS services such as Functions, Logic Apps, Service Bus, Azure SQL, etc
- ASP.NET MVC
- Integration B2B
- Mobile application development
- Experience of SQL Server SSAS and PowerBI
- An understanding and appreciation of SOA and MDM principles.
- Any experience of effective release management processes, ideally in VSTS/Azure DevOps.
- Experience of working with or integrating with Oracle applications would be an advantage though not essential.
For more information about applying and for the job description for the post, please see the current vacancies on the BCU website: jobs.bcu.ac.uk.
Please note; on occasions where we receive a large number of applications, we may close the advert ahead of the publicised closing date. If this does happen, we will contact all candidates via email who have started but not yet completed their application, giving 48 hours’ notice. We would therefore advise that you submit your completed application as soon as possible.
Alternatively if you require the application in a different format please contact the Human Resources Department on 0121 331 6693.
Birmingham City University holds an Athena Swan Bronze Award and promotes the advancement of gender equality through Representation, Progression and Success for All. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.