Job offer in england Communications Officer – Researcher Engagement at Alzheimer’s Research UK
Location: Granta Park, near Cambridge
Alzheimer’s Research UK is the UK’s leading dementia research charity dedicated to the diagnosis, prevention, treatment and cure. Backed by our passionate scientists and supporters, we’re challenging the way people think about dementia, bringing together the people and organisations who can speed up progress, and investing in research to make life-changing breakthroughs possible.
We are looking for someone with an excellent grasp of biomedical research and strong communication skills to join our Science Media and Engagement team as a Communications Officer, responsible for supporting and engaging researchers across the UK and beyond. Working closely with the Research team, you’ll support our scientists and clinicians through regular e-newsletters, social media, scientific events, career development programmes and in the promotion of our annual Research Conference – the largest annual dementia research conference in the UK.
Sitting alongside colleagues focusing on communication of research to the public, you’ll use your skills to ensure that our research audience is motivated and engaged with the work of the charity, that we’re building a world-class research base in the UK and that success stories from within the research community are disseminated across the charity effectively.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Building strong relationships with Alzheimer’s Research UK-funded scientists and the wider research field.
- Support the development of printed and online information for researchers about Alzheimer’s Research UK, and our specific research initiatives.
- Coordinate the charity’s presence and promotion of funding opportunities at external research meetings and conferences.
- Look for creative ways to support the research community, grow the field of dementia researchers and expand the charity’s Research Network.
- Coordinate and edit regular researcher e-newsletters and manage the researcher-facing @ARUKscientist twitter account.
- Capitalise opportunities to promote ARUK-funded research through articles and thought-leadership pieces in trade media.
- Work with the Research and Policy Departments to develop resources to support career development for Early Career Researchers.
- Assist with the coordination and promotion of the Alzheimer’s Research UK Conference and other researcher-facing events around the country.
- Support the Communications and Fundraising teams in the effective communication of research topics, as well as progress to staff across the wider charity.
Please download the Vacancy Pack for more details at https://www.alzheimersresearchuk.org/about-us/work-for-us/jobs/.
The closing date for applications is the 17th February 2019. However, we would encourage you to submit your application as the earliest opportunity as the closing date may be brought forward at any time.
Interviews are likely to be held on the 28th February 2019, however, candidates may be invited for an earlier interview. Please outline your interview availability in your covering letter.
In order to be considered, please create an online account using our Online Recruitment System which can be accessed through our Job Vacancies Page. You will be able to attach a CV and covering letter to your application, track your application and view other vacancies that may be of interest.
To view further details about this role and the benefits of working for us please visit the Alzheimer’s Research UK website.