Job offer in england Clinical Research Compliance Manager at University of Birmingham
Full time starting salary is normally in the range £40,792 to £48,677 with potential progression once in post to £54,765 a year.
17 March 2019
The University of Birmingham Clinical Research Compliance Team is a dynamic team, responsible for developing and implementing programmes and methods to further improve compliance with clinical research standards and regulations.
We are looking for a Clinical Research Compliance Manager to join our team. The post holder will be responsible for managing the core team, alongside providing expert support to the clinical research arena. The post holder will also be responsible for the maintenance of the University’s clinical research Quality Management System and execution of the University’s compliance review programme. The post holder will work closely with other members within the Clinical Research Compliance Team, and will be instrumental operationalising strategies. Effective communication and interpersonal skills as well as effective time management are essential for this post.
The position would be an ideal suit for an individual with strong clinical research quality assurance background, who is driven to lead an enthusiastic team of professionals. In addition, a passion for developing novel solutions to challenges, and the ability to deal rapidly and effectively with issues raised by colleagues at all levels of seniority, are a must.
The successful candidate will have:
- A working knowledge of applicable regulations and guidance documents pertinent to clinical research (e.g. Medicines for Human Use (Clinical Trials) Regulations, the UK Policy Framework for Health and Social Care, GCP, GCP, HTA, GCP in the Lab etc.) is essential for this post
- A good understanding of clinical research and audit procedures.
- Highly developed interpersonal, negotiation, presentation, and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Proven operational management skills
- Proven staff management and development skills
- Ability to travel in the UK and further afield on occasion. Overnight stays between visits may be required occasionally (3-4 times per year) and on occasion trips may include longer stays (up to 4 nights, Monday-Friday only).
- A higher degree in a relevant biomedical or associated subject or a graduate with extensive experience within clinical trials quality management.
- Must be able to demonstrate experience in quality management and compliance reviews within a quality assured environment (e.g. GCP, GMP, GLP, ISO9000 etc.)
- Experience of developing and/or maintaining quality management systems and writing SOPs is essential.
For informal enquiries, please contact Wilma van Riel via E-mail W.C.vanRiel@bham.ac.uk
Closing date: 17 March 2019 Reference: 80800
To download the full job description and details of this position and submit an electronic application online please click on the Apply Online button below or visit www.hr.bham.ac.uk/jobs Please quote Job Ref 80800 in all enquiries.
Valuing excellence, sustaining investment