Job offer in england Chair in Cybersecurity at University of York
University of York – Department of Computer Science
|Placed on:||13th March 2017|
|Closes:||10th April 2017|
The University of York is one of the UK’s leading higher education institutions and a member of the prestigious Russell Group of universities. The Department is renowned internationally for its high impact research, combined with a dedication to high-quality teaching and excellent student satisfaction, as well as strong industrial links, making us one of the UK’s top Computer Science departments.
We welcome applications from researchers with a track record as an international leader in Cybersecurity, with some emphasis on pragmatic aspects of Cybersecurity. You will actively engage and collaborate with colleagues leading the development of Cybersecurity research and teaching. You’ll develop relationships across the wider University and beyond, to help build a distinctive and positive working environment that emphasises excellence.
- PhD in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Computer Engineering, or a related discipline
- Internationally recognised knowledge of Cybersecurity with a focus on practical aspects of Cybersecurity (e.g., network security, digital forensics)
- Ability to consistently publish academic work that is recognised as internationally leading
- Ability to work with external and non-academic organisations for research impact and CPD
- Substantial publication record in leading peer-reviewed journals
- Significant and sustained success in accessing research grants and other external funding
- Demonstrable capacity for critical thinking and planning
- Self-motivated, dedicated and creative
Salary will be commensurate with experience on the professorial scale: current minimum £61,539 a year
Informal enquiries may be directed to Professor Neil Audsley (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Closing date: 10 April 2017
Interviews will be held in York on: 25th May 2017
We’re a dynamic, research-intensive university and have experienced significant growth over the past ten years, securing national and international recognition for our academic excellence. Our attractive landscaped campus has seen significant development which will continue as the University continues to develop. We’re recognised consistently for our family-friendly policies and proud of our Athena SWAN Award.
The University of York is committed to promoting equality and diversity
Share this job
If you have a comment to make about the overall quality of this advert,
or its categorisation then please
send us your feedback