Job offer in england Associate Professor/Professor – Academy of Nursing at University of Exeter
Be a pioneer at the University of Exeter Academy of Nursing!
This full post is available from 1 January 2019 on a permanent basis.
Exeter is the first Russell Group University to newly develop nursing education in the 21st century. With our clinical and patient colleagues, we have set up the University of Exeter Academy of Nursing. Our Academy will create curious and innovative nurses at the forefront of innovation, research, practice and leadership. We offer membership and fellowship for nurses; research, leadership; coaching; interprofessional working. Our Academy is the crucible for advanced nursing roles including clinical, research, leadership and education.
We are building our team. We need the best nursing academics, researchers and educators. For this post we are seeking a senior academic with the vision to match ours who will lead our Academy’s research and education programme. We want someone with a passion to improve the evidence base for nursing practice; who is willing to lead a programme of education and research to develop, test and evaluate complex nursing interventions. We need someone with methodological expertise in nursing science who is committed to providing 21st century nurses with a sound research base for their education and practice.
Please ensure you read our Job Description and Person Specification for full details of this role. To view the Job Description and Person Specification document please click here. Please indicate in your application which role you are applying for.
Salary: Associate Prof – £56,677 up to £71,407 on Grade H. Full Professor – competitive. Offers will be made subject to knowledge, skills and experience.
What we can offer you
- Freedom (and the support) to pursue your intellectual interests and to work creatively across disciplines to produce internationally exciting research.
- Support teams that understand the University wide research and teaching goals and partner with our academics accordingly.
- An Innovation, Impact and Business directorate that works closely with our academics providing specialist support for external engagement and development.
- Our Exeter Academic initiative supporting high performing academics to achieve their potential and develop their career.
- A multitude of staff benefits including sector leading benefits around maternity, adoption and shared parental leave (up to 26 weeks full pay), Paternity leave (up to 6 weeks full pay), and a new Fertility Treatment Policy.
- A beautiful campus set in the heart of stunning Devon.
We would be delighted to talk. A conversation may establish that this is the right opportunity for you. Contact Professor David Richards at D.A.Richards@exeter.ac.uk or 01392 724615.
We welcome applications from candidates interested in working part-time hours or job-sharing.
The College is proud to have a Silver Athena SWAN award in recognition of our commitment and impact to providing equality of opportunity and advancing the representation of women in STEM/M subjects. Our Inspiring Stories tell you more about how we support staff, including through a mentoring programme to help our staff learn from the professional and life experience of colleagues and explore opportunities and actions for career progression.
The University of Exeter is an equal opportunity employer. We are officially recognised as a Disability Confident employer, an Athena Swan accredited institution and a Stonewall Diversity Champion. Whilst all applicants will be judged on merit alone, we particularly welcome applications from groups currently underrepresented in the workforce.