Job offer in england Assistant Professor in Computer Science (Grades 7 and 8) at Durham University
Durham University – Computer Science
to £46,924 Grade 7/8
|Placed on:||6th November 2017|
|Closes:||27th November 2017|
This is an opportunity to make a valuable contribution to high-impact research and excellent teaching in a Computer Science Department that will double in size during the coming decade. You will play a key role as the Department moves to its new, purpose-built home and significantly develops its research and income generating potential. Placed 4th in the Complete University Guide 2014, the Department has been recognised for the quality of its research-led teaching. It also benefits from strong links with industry and government departments. You will bring to the team an established and high quality track record of research and teaching in Applied Computer Science, with enthusiasm for making an international societal or industrial impact.
There is scope to pursue research in a host of broad areas including algorithms and complexity; computer vision, imaging and visualisation; and high-performance computing, cloud computing and simulation. We are also keen to hear from you if you have expertise in emerging application domains; artificial intelligence and natural language processing; machine learning and autonomous systems; human-computer interaction; security and cyber security; or software engineering.
- A good first-degree, complemented by a PhD in Computer Science or a relevant area (either completed, or currently in progress).
- The ability to produce world-class research in the field of Applied Computer Science, including a research plan which supports the activities of the department.
- Proof that you have contributed to research groups and can mentor early career researchers.
- The confidence to supervise PhD students.
- Willingness to develop successful research project proposals, with the scope to secure funding or generate income.
- Experience of delivering high-quality teaching across lectures and in smaller study groups, with the ability attain fellowship of the HEA.
- Confident leadership and communication skills, with the willingness to work collaboratively as part of a team.
If you haven’t specifically met the above criteria but have recently completed or are concluding your PhD and feel you have the skills needed to do so, then you are invited to apply for the role at grade 7.
Closing date: 27 November 2017 midday
Share this job
If you have a comment to make about the overall quality of this advert,
or its categorisation then please
send us your feedback