Job offer in england Assistant Professor/Associate Professor at University of Nottingham
University of Nottingham – Architecture and Built Environment
to £60,410 per annum, depending on skills and experience.
|Placed on:||8th December 2017|
|Closes:||7th January 2018|
Salary progression beyond this scale is subject to performance.
This job is about collaboration – between engineering and architecture colleagues in the Faculty, externally with colleagues in both disciplines in the public and the private sectors, between students and tutors and between students themselves.
We believe that diverse teams will deliver the highest quality teaching, research and student experience. So, to achieve the Faculty of Engineering’s vision of being top ranked in all areas for Research and Knowledge Exchange as well as Education and Student Experience, we are seeking applications from high quality people whose backgrounds, experience and identity broadens and enhances the diversity of our existing team.
The Faculty is committed to creating opportunities for people from groups traditionally under-represented in the Faculty of Engineering.
We are looking for someone who:
- Can provide evidence of your managerial roles in complex construction and/or manufacturing projects and explain how you used BIM as an aid to support collaborative design, provide evidence of your managerial roles in a complex construction and/or manufacturing projects and explain how you used BIM as an aid to support collaborative design.
- Can provide evidence, from their personal experience and background of their ability to devise and sustain creative and collaborative projects across architecture and engineering which developed their skills working in a BIM environment.
- Show evidence of how, through their personal experience and background, they have led colleagues in developing collaborative activities (and syllabus development) where BIM was integral to the activity.
- Can, through their personal experience and background, show their ability to relate to and mentor students/employees who are increasingly ethically and gender diverse.
They must be able to demonstrate that they can:
- Teach to a high standard, which includes:
- Complying with the University of Nottingham teaching quality assurance standards and procedures. Ensure teaching quality assessment and other information is maintained and supplied to the University as required.
- Supervising practical work, including projects, field trips or placements.
- Coach and support tutorial groups, developing student knowledge and learning skills.
- Being responsible for the pastoral care of students within a specified area, dealing as necessary with sensitive issues.
- Develop teaching methods appropriate to the pace of development of BIM.
- To provide curriculum leadership within own area of expertise – especially to collaborate with colleagues in architecture and engineering to design course modules and/or programmes of study in BIM.
- Establish a national reputation for this area of study at Nottingham and regularly disseminate and explain pedagogical research findings through leading peer-reviewed publications, conferences and other appropriate media.
- To contribute to student recruitment, to secure student placements and to provide appropriate advice to others involved in this activity.
Interviews are schedules to take place on 29 January 2018.
Informal enquiries may be addressed to Robin Wilson, email Robin.Wilson@nottingham.ac.uk. Please note that applications sent directly to this email address will not be accepted.
The University of Nottingham is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Share this job
If you have a comment to make about the overall quality of this advert,
or its categorisation then please
send us your feedback
Midlands of England