Job offer in england Application and Systems Developer at York St John University
Situated in the heart of the historic city of York, and with roots dating back to 1841, York St John University has a long and proud tradition as a distinguished higher education provider. Our success is founded on the quality of academic teaching and research, our thriving campus environment, our professional and pastoral support, and our values of an inclusive, innovative and ambitious community with a strong sense of belonging.
Information Learning and Estates is a converged ICT, Library, Print Services, AV/Media and Estates Development department.
We are seeking a Developer with experience of developing applications in a professional environment to join our ICT Service Delivery team within the Directorate of Information Learning and Estates. We are looking for an enthusiastic person who enjoys working across a variety of projects and systems/applications who is interested in technology and its application in supporting the business. You will have the opportunity to gain new skills through on-the-job and formal training programmes.
The role will be split between supporting existing University business and Learning & Teaching systems, systems integration and developing new solutions that will be used by all of our students and staff.
This is an exciting time to join the University as we look forward to updating our corporate information systems as part of our Digital Strategy. The impact you have will be crucial to continuing to drive the success of the department and to see this reflected in key customer feedback such as the National Student Survey, in which the IT service has seen ongoing improvement over the last five years.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills with technical and non-technical users
- Powershell v3 or later
- ASP.NET (Frameworks 3.5, 4 & 4.5+)
- .NET (c# and VB)
- HTML / CSS
- MVC 3 & 4
- Entity Framework
- Windows Server 2012 or above
- Visual Studio 2012 or above
- SQL Server Management Studio
- IIS8 or later
Desirable skills, experience in any of the following would be an advantage
- An understanding of the Higher Education sector and complexities of IT operations in a University
- Previous support experience
- Active Directory Management Experience
- Microsoft SharePoint Online
- Experience of working with SaaS integrations and virtualisation.
In addition to a competitive salary and the opportunity to work at our beautiful campus in the heart of York, YSJ employees enjoy access to a superb range of benefits including –
- Generous annual leave entitlement (plus additional leave days during our Christmas closure period)
- Pension scheme
- Health cash plan
- Training and development
- Discounts at a wide range of high street brands and local companies, including shops, cinemas and gyms.
We welcome all applicants and particularly people from minority ethnic backgrounds as they are underrepresented within the university.
Please note that CVs are not accepted in place of the application form.
Closing Date – Friday 22 February 2019 at midnight
Provisional Interview Date – Monday 18 March 2019