Job offer in england Administrative Assistant (20478-067) at University of Warwick
University of Warwick – Estates Office
to £20,624 per annum
|Hours:||Full Time, Part Time|
The University of Warwick is one of the UK’s leading universities with a mission to establish itself as a world leader in research and education. The University’s Estates department plays a vital role in helping to achieve this goal by managing and growing the University’s land and property portfolio.
Our diverse and busy Estates Office is passionate about realising the University’s vision of creating world class teaching and learning environments and has ambitious plans to open a new academic building on campus every year until 2023. To do this, we need ambitious, passionate individuals to provide a superior administrative support
We have a number of full-time and part-time opportunities for Administrative Assistants to join our team. If you have a flexible approach to your work and are committed to providing high quality administrative support, then we may be able to accommodate contract hours to suit all concerned. You would be based within one section on a day-to-day basis, However you would report to the Office Administration Manager to ensure consistency of both delivery of service and interpretation of processes across the department, meaning you may be required to work in other sections from time to time.
In these busy and varied roles you would play a key role in helping the University to deliver high quality customer service levels to students and staff. This will involve acting as the first point of contact for a range of enquiries, and also providing administrative support and maintaining accurate records, including HR records, for your section. You will be dealing with a wide range of people every day, including external contractors, and no two days will be the same.
In making these appointments the Office Administration Manager is seeking administrators who, among other qualities, can demonstrate:
- Experience of delivering excellent customer service through effective team working and the ability to work effectively in a matrix organisational context.
- Evidence of well-developed administration skills and a high level of IT literacy (including experience of maintaining electronic records on a management information system), along with the ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Flexibility to be involved in a number of operational support activities at the same time, and to be able to adapt to a changing working environment.
- Excellent organisation and problem solving abilities in order to achieve deadlines when faced with conflicting demands.
- Experience, ideally, of providing administrative support within a busy technical environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills through a range of relevant media (e.g. face to face, email, and telephone), along with the ability to form strong working relationships with colleagues across the Estates department and the rest of the University.
This is an excellent opportunity to progress your career with a dynamic and innovative organisation, and to contribute to the overall customer and student experience at the University. Enquiries in the strictest confidence can be directed to Angie Dumper, Office Administration Manager, on 02476 528273.
Please indicate on your application form if you have a preference for a full or part time position.
Full details of the duties and selection criteria for this role are found in the vacancy advert on the University of Warwick jobs page. You will be routed to this when you click on the Apply button below.
Share this job
If you have a comment to make about the overall quality of this advert,
or its categorisation then please
send us your feedback
Midlands of England