Free open Job in Australasia Senior Lecturer or Associate Professor in Veterinary Cardiology at The University of Sydney
Reference no. 1345/0718C
- Full-time, Continuing Employment, Located at Camperdown Campus
- $124K-$165K p.a. plus leave loading and a generous employer’s contribution to superannuation.
About the opportunity
The Small Animal Medicine (SAM) unit encompasses six clinical specialties including small animal medicine, feline medicine, cardiology, oncology, neurology and dermatology. The unit is supported by a dedicated team of academics, clinical specialists, registrars and residents, and is characterised by high outputs in clinical service, research and teaching as well as a highly supportive team environment.
This role encompasses teaching and research (50%) and clinical service (50%). The role contributes to the development, teaching and assessment of the small animal medicine curriculum for the DVM and postgraduate training in the Sydney School of Veterinary Science, with supervision of students and junior staff integral to the role. Supervision of ECVIM accredited residency programs is required. An active program of clinical or fundamental research programs focused on veterinary cardiology is required.
Pivotal to the role is provision of specialist level services in small animal internal medicine and registration with the Australian Veterinary Boards Council as a specialist in veterinary cardiology will be required. Close teamwork with another specialist veterinary cardiologist will be an important part of provision of an excellent veterinary cardiology service.
We are looking for a Senior Lecturer/ Associate Professor in Veterinary Cardiology who possesses:
- Diplomate ECVIM, Diplomate ACVIM permitting registration with the NSW Veterinary Practitioners Board as a Veterinary Cardiologist
- Experience in postgraduate and undergraduate teaching and providing clinical instructions.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team whilst providing leadership in clinical areas.
- Experience managing, mentoring and supervising staff and students and providing leadership in teaching.
- Willingness to supervise residents training for postgraduate specialist qualifications in Veterinary Cardiology
- Experience in a large referral centre or teaching hospital and with a large case load.
- Preparedness to actively contribute to the management principles including financial responsibility of the cardiology service within UVTHS.
- Evidence of an active research profile in Veterinary Cardiology
- Postgraduate Research qualification in the area of Veterinary Cardiology.
Please refer to the Candidate Information Pack for further details. To be considered, it is essential that you upload a resume and address the online selection criteria.
The Sydney School of Veterinary Science (SSVS) is an internationally renowned provider of education and research. A key contributor to world best practice in the care and welfare of animals for more than 100 years, our ongoing success is a result of the contribution of our innovative team of academic and professional staff members.
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 1345/0718C to apply.
Closing date: 26 August 2018 (11.30pm Sydney Time)
If we think your skills are needed in other areas of the University, we will be sure to contact you about other opportunities.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.