Free open Job in Australasia Senior Lecturer – Law at Swinburne University of Technology
- Consistently among the highest ranked universities in Melbourne for education experience, including for teaching quality, graduate satisfaction
- Full-time, ongoing, Hawthorn campus
Swinburne University of Technology has a long, proud history of educating and training students for over 100 years. Swinburne focuses on providing high-quality, career-oriented education with strong links to industry and the community. Swinburne currently has over 54,000 students.
About the job
The position is expected to prepare and deliver lectures, tutorials and workshops and to assess students in the law discipline both on campus and online. This includes developing and supporting academic programs and working with the academic team in the development of program change and innovation. The position is also expected to mentor and counsel students on academic matters and, where appropriate, to supervise PhD students.
A contribution to the faculty’s research output is required. The position will assume administrative tasks associated with normal teaching duties and will also contribute to faculty management and administration generally.
The position is expected to participate in activities for the development of closer and stronger links with the profession and professional bodies in Australia and internationally.
This position is within Swinburne Law School. The school teaches both undergraduate and postgraduate programs in law, including the new Bachelor of Laws that has a distinctive orientation towards commercial law with a unique specialisation in intellectual property law. The school has an agenda of building a strong research culture that includes international collaboration, competitive grants and high-quality publications.
Skills and experience
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate the following:
- An earned doctoral or masters qualification in law or a related field
- Demonstrated ability to undertake teaching, associated administrative duties, coordination and curriculum development at both the undergraduate and postgraduate levels. In particular, demonstrated ability to teach in at least two of the key areas of law offered by the faculty
- Demonstrated commitment to leading edge/best practice education, including flexible delivery formats, online teaching and the use of case studies, role-plays and/or simulations in the learning environment.
A full list of the selection criteria is available within the position description
To start an application click on ‘apply’ at the bottom of this page and submit a resume, cover letter and response to the Key Selection Criteria, as listed in the Position Description.
Swinburne University of Technology is a Child Safe Organisation and as part of this commitment, we require all employees to have a current Working with Children’s Check.
All appointments are subject to a valid Working with Children’s Check, therefore it will be a mandatory requirement to have and maintain a current Working with Children Check.
Please do not email or send paper applications, all applications must be submitted online.
For further information about the position, please contact Professor Dan Hunter, Foundation Dean, Swinburne Law School on +61 3 9214 4432
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team on +61 3 9214 8600 (option 2).
Position number: 32844
Applications close at 5pm, Friday 29 September 2017
Click here for Senior Lecturer, Law C Position Description
Please click here for Information Pack