Free open Job in Australasia Senior Lecturer in Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging at The University of Sydney
The University of Sydney – School of Veterinary Science
|Location:||Camden – Australia|
to £92,569.37 converted salary*
p.a. which includes leave loading and up to 17% super
|Placed on:||2nd February 2018|
|Closes:||4th March 2018|
- Join an organisation that encourages progressive thinking
- Be valued for your exceptional knowledge and experience in diagnostic imaging services
- Full time, continuing role, remuneration package: $147k- 161k p.a. which includes leave loading and up to 17% super)
About the opportunity
The Sydney School of Veterinary Science is an internationally renowned provider of education and research and has staff and students based on Main Campus at Camperdown and the University’s Camden campus. A key contributor to world best practice in the care and welfare of animals for more than 100 years, our ongoing success is a result of the contribution of our innovative team of academic and professional staff members.
The School provides first class veterinary primary care and referral services across all major species to support high quality teaching and research that meets global accreditation standards. The University Veterinary Teaching Hospitals (UVTH) comprise a small animal hospital at Camperdown campus and an equine and small animal hospital, a wildlife, exotic, reptile and avian hospital and ambulatory livestock and equine services at the Camden campus.
The primary function of this position is to contribute to the development, coordination teaching and assessment of the Veterinary Science Curriculum with a focus on diagnostic imaging services. The role also provides high quality imaging service to clients of the University Veterinary Teaching Hospitals at Camden with an emphasis on equine imaging. The successful candidate will also demonstrate active participation in the school’s clinical research programs and excellent teaching to veterinary students and residents and the delivery of high standards of practice and client service.
Key responsibilities are:
- Design, develop and deliver high quality teaching and assessment in veterinary diagnostic imaging to Veterinary students and residents in classroom, online and clinical settings
- Supervise DVM, Honours students and postgraduate clinical trainees undertaking research training
- Co-ordinate coursework units of study as required
- Prepare and deliver clinical rounds, seminars, tutorials, practical classes, demonstrations and provide effective feedback on learning
- Provide high quality imaging services to patients at UVTH –Camden, with effective client, referring veterinarian, and team communication
- Contribute as a team member and service leader to the UVTHs and Diagnostic Imaging Unit
- Take a leadership role in the development and establishment of the Diagnostic Imaging Unit’s strategic plan and participate in its implementation and operation.
- Promote the Diagnostic Imaging Service and UVTH by means of continuing education to practitioners and attendance at UVTH promotional events
- Undertake scholarship and original research in the discipline
- Apply for research funding and develops collaborations to support research
- Contribute to the dissemination of research results by participating in the writing of scientific papers/reports and making conference presentations.
- Oversee installation and utilisation of new imaging equipment
In this position you will provide high quality imaging service to clients and contribute to the development, teaching and assessment of the curriculum of the veterinary diagnostic imaging unit based at Camden.
We are looking for a Senior Lecturer in Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging who is able to address the essential and desirable criteria located on our University careers page.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 2360/1117 to apply.
Closing date: 11:30pm 4 March 2018 (Sydney time)
Share this job
If you have a comment to make about the overall quality of this advert,
or its categorisation then please
send us your feedback
* Salary has been converted at the prevailing rate on the date placed