Free open Job in Australasia Senior Lecturer in Evidence Based Practice at The University of Sydney
Reference no. 1878/0918C
- Opportunity to teach, research and engage
- Full time, Continuing position, Camperdown location
- Academic Level B/C, Base Salary: $102,013 p.a. – $144,089 p.a. plus leave loading and a generous employer’s contribution to superannuation.
About the opportunity
We are seeking to appoint a Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Evidence Based Practice. The appointee will contribute to teaching in the DVM and supervise postgraduate research students in the Sydney School of Veterinary Science (SSVS). The appointee will also have administrative responsibilities in the coordination of Unit(s) of Study in the DVM degree, support of student learning and the development of curriculum. The appointee will support academics and students in the School to embed evidence based practice across all aspects of the DVM curriculum.
The appointee will both lead and support research in SSVS, which has internationally recognised expertise in clinical research, epidemiology, pathobiology, pharmacology, companion and production animal medicine and animal welfare. The appointee will be expected to lead their own discipline based research program. In addition to her/his own research, the appointee will support and collaborate with other researchers and students in SSVS to increase the research profile of the School, particularly in clinical epidemiology and evidence based practice.
Whilst the position is mainly located at the Camperdown campus, some time will be spent at the Camden campus.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance in recruiting talent aligned to these values in the pursuit of research excellence and are seeking to recruit for a Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Evidence Based Practice, with:
- A PhD in Veterinary Epidemiology or a closely related discipline.
- Veterinary degree registerable in Australia.
- Proven experience in clinical epidemiological research and evidence based practice.
- Experience in development, delivery and coordination of high quality teaching for undergraduate and postgraduate students or extension to the profession and industry.
- Willingness to undertake the Graduate Certificate in Educational Studies (Higher Education) or a comparable postgraduate course in teaching and learning
Level of appointment will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
The Sydney School of Veterinary Science (SSVS) is an internationally renowned provider of education and research. A key contributor to world best practice in the care and welfare of animals for more than 100 years, our ongoing success is a result of the contribution of our innovative team of academic and professional staff members. Veterinary science at Sydney was ranked 1st in the Southern Hemisphere and 11th in the World in the QS World University Subject Rankings 2018, and rated 5/5 for research in the Australian Government’s 2015 Excellence in Research for Australia rankings.
This is a short version of the advert. For more information please refer to the Candidate information pack and full advert on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 1878/0918C to apply.
Closing date: 11:30pm, 28 October 2018 (Sydney Time)