Free open Job in Australasia Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor at University of Auckland, New Zealand
- Teach post-graduate students at a top-ranked and triple-crown accredited Business School
- Continue your relevant and high-quality research in a collegial and supportive department
- Live in the world’s fourth most cosmopolitan city (World Migration Report), in the world’s most prosperous (Legatum) and least corrupt (Transparency International) nation
Sustained growth in demand for Graduate School of Management (GSM) programmes has created an opportunity for us to appoint a Senior Lecturer or Associate Professor in Finance (continuing position).
The University of Auckland’s ranking in the top 100 of the 2018 QS World Universities Ranking – ranking top in New Zealand in most subject areas – confirms both its status as New Zealand’s pre-eminent research-led university and its place amongst the top 1% of universities worldwide.
The GSM is a multi-disciplinary department with faculty characterised by their desire to make a difference to business in New Zealand and abroad through their international perspective and connections they foster. The GSM enhances the University of Auckland’s well-established reputation for delivering high value, relevant and challenging learning experiences that maximise the employment outcomes of our graduates. Our faculty works collaboratively, alongside educational development and learning technology professionals, to deliver a high-quality student experience.
The GSM accounting and finance academics interact closely with the much larger team in the Department of Accounting & Finance. The discipline of Accounting & Finance at the University of Auckland is ranked within the top 50 worldwide by the 2018 QS World Universities Ranking.
Who are we looking for?
As you will contribute to the development and delivery of applied and practice-based, research-informed, and demand-driven curricula for Business Masters (pre-experience), MBA and Postgraduate Diploma (post-experience) programmes as well as Executive Education, it is essential you have experience (i) designing and delivering Finance at courses at the postgraduate level, and (ii) engaging with internationally-diverse postgraduate student cohorts.
In addition, you will have a strong track record of quality research outputs that will enable you to engage in scholarly research and supervision within, and desirably also across, disciplinary boundaries.
All applications should include the following documentation, combined as a single document:
- A cover letter clearly indicating rank of interest
- A Curriculum Vitae
- A statement of your research programme, including a full record of publications
- A statement and substantiation of your teaching philosophy
- A statement of your experience in designing and delivering postgraduate courses with an applied/practitioner focus (including teaching students from non-cognate and international backgrounds)
- Teaching evaluations
The University of Auckland is dedicated to providing an excellent and stimulating environment for its employees that ensures a healthy work–life balance. For more information please visit: Career development and benefits.
Applications should be submitted online by the closing date of Sunday 17th June 2018.
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi and achieving equity outcomes for staff and students in a safe, inclusive and equitable environment. For further information on services for Maori, Pacific, women, LGBTI, people with disabilities, parenting support, flexible work and other equity issues go to www.equity.auckland.ac.nz