Free open Job in Australasia Research Fellow in Robotics and Intelligent Systems at The University of Sydney
The University of Sydney – Centre for Robotics and Intelligent Systems
|Location:||Sydney – Australia|
per annum, includes leave loading and superannuation
|Placed on:||29th September 2017|
|Closes:||5th November 2017|
School of Aerospace, Mechanical and Mechatronic Engineering
Faculty of Engineering & Information Technologies
Reference No. 1632/0817
- Become an integral part of one of the leading research centres in Australia
- Three fixed term research fellowship positions located at Camperdown/ Darlington Campus
- Full-time, Fixed Term for 2.5 years subject to funding, Remuneration Package: $120k which includes leaving loading and up to 17% super
About the opportunity
The University of Sydney’s Centre for Robotics and Intelligent Systems (CRIS) is dedicated to the development, application and dissemination of robotics and intelligent systems in areas of societal importance including transportation, primary industries, healthcare, environment, emergency services, the workplace and at home. The Centre is focused on supporting fundamental and applied research in these areas with a view to exploring future technological developments and understanding the role that this technology will have in our society. This multidisciplinary Centre is bringing together researchers and practitioners within the robotics, automation, science, medicine, business, humanities and arts disciplines. The University of Sydney has had a significant national and international role in research and development of robotics and automation principles, as well as the translation of this research into industry practice.
As part of this initiative, we are currently seeking to fill three fixed term research fellowship roles to help grow the impact of our research and development activities and to explore novel areas for the application of robotics and intelligent systems. We are looking for candidates with a strong track record both in fundamental areas of robotics as well as in targeted application domains.
Applications should include a research plan (not to exceed five pages), a detailed resume including a publications list, and the names and addresses of at least two references. The research plan should include half a page to one page outlining a program of research that you will lead and providing a strategic vision for your future research.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Research Fellows with:
- a PhD (or equivalent)
- demonstrated technical expertise in areas of robotics and intelligent systems related to the key research and application themes of the Centre
- evidence of capacity to work as part of a multidisciplinary team
- a track record or demonstrated potential for securing external funding and performing high-quality, independent and collaborative research
- a track record of publication in leading international peer reviewed journals, with a commensurate citation impact
- experience in supervising undergraduate and postgraduate research students and/or demonstrated capacity to work as part of a research team
- potential for industry interaction and liaison.
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number to apply.
Closing date: 11.30pm 05 November 2017 (Sydney time)
Share this job
If you have a comment to make about the overall quality of this advert,
or its categorisation then please
send us your feedback
* Salary has been converted at the prevailing rate on the date placed