Free open Job in Australasia Professor/Associate Professor, Occupational Therapy – Griffith University, Queensland, Australia
The School of Allied Health Sciences at Griffith University, Gold Coast Campus is one of the largest and fastest growing Schools in the Health Group. It is known for innovation and excellence in health education, research and clinical practice and has a focus on addressing many of the health challenges facing society today and into the future. The School offers academic programs across all levels of Exercise and Sport, Nutrition and Dietetics, Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Rehabilitation Counselling and Speech Pathology. Staff members actively engage in these areas of research and are supported by the Menzies Health Institute Queensland.
This is a continuing, full time position based either at the Gold Coast or Nathan campus, however the successful candidate will be expected to travel to other campuses of the University.
This position is a key leadership position in the School of Allied Health Sciences and the Discipline of Occupational Therapy. The Professor / Associate Professor, Occupational Therapy will provide leadership to learning and teaching, and research activities as well as making a substantial contribution to interprofessional or multidisciplinary activities.
The person appointed will possess a PhD in Occupational Therapy or a related field, be eligible for registration with the Occupational Therapy Board of Australia, and have a strong commitment to contemporary occupational therapy education. You will have demonstrated experience in academic leadership with a particular track record of mentoring staff. Demonstrated experience in leading curriculum development and evidence of teaching effectiveness in occupational therapy is essential. You will have a sustained track record in occupational therapy research, in an area which will contribute to the research directions of the Menzies Health Institute Queensland. You will have evidence of collaborating with industry and community groups and highly developed organisational, communication and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work collegially both independently and as part of a team.
Professor, Level E: $172,326 per annum. Salary package including 17% employer superannuation contribution: $201,622 per annum.
Associate Professor, Level D: $133,778 – $147,383 per annum. Salary package including 17% employer superannuation contribution: $156,521 – $172,439 per annum.
Please ensure your application includes the following:
- Statement addressing each of the selection criteria in the information package – Obtain the position description by clicking on the Apply button. You will be redirected to the Griffith University job search page where you will be able to access the position description.
- Statement which identifies the preferred location of work, i.e. either the Gold Coast campus or Nathan campus.
- Current curriculum vitae/resume which should include:
- Full name, address, telephone number and email address;
- Details of education, professional training and qualifications;
- Employment history, including present position and details of relevant professional, consulting or industry experience;
- Research interests and list of publications;
- Research grants awarded and any other relevant information, such as offices held in professional bodies, community services etc.
- Names and contact details of at least three potential referees (no contact will be made without your permission)
Applications close at 5pm on the closing date. All applications must be submitted online.
For further information about this role, please contact Professor Matthew Molineux, Discipline Lead, Occupational Therapy, School of Allied Health Sciences on +61 7 5552 7853 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For application queries, please contact Ms Jacquii Nicholls, Recruitment Officer on +61 (0) 7 3735 7869.
Closing date: Friday 29 September 2017 at 5 pm AEST.
Customer advert reference: 105837