Free open Job in Australasia Professor, School of Psychology at Deakin University
SALARY RANGE: $179,260 pa (plus 17% super)
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time and continuing
LOCATION: Melbourne Burwood Campus
ABOUT THE ROLE
The School of Psychology are seeking to make a teaching and research leadership appointment in the area of internalising disorders, with a focus on depression, anxiety, and self-harm/suicide or body image/eating disorders including their natural history and approaches, with a preferred emphasis on prevention and treatment across the developmental years spanning infancy to young adulthood.
This will include:
- The provision of academic leadership.
- Fostering research activities in internalising disorders research across the Faculty and University, and in so doing contribute to scholarly publication, the generation of research and commercial funding and the supervision of honours and postgraduate research students.
- Developing and managing novel and targeted teaching programs in psycholoig, specifically in internalising disorders research and make recommendations to the Head of School on matters of program and course development, maintenance and delivery, to ensure curriculum quality and relevance.
- Promoting the discipline of internalising disorders research by forging strong relationships with professional groups, government and non-government organisations, overseas institutions, other academics, industry and the wider community.
- PhD in a relevant field (or equivalent).
- Proven experience in university teaching and learning expertise at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- Proven ability in designing, developing and delivering a Masters of Psychology (or equivalent).
- Internationally recognised research
- and scholarly publication in the field of internalising disorders in relevant specialist journals.
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description
POSITION DESCRIPTION: 180501_-_Professor.pdf
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: Professor Jane McGillivray, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 2 September 2018
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that’s why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin’s workplace benefits can be found here: deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin/why-work-at-deakin/staff-benefits
All applicants MUST provide a separate statement addressing each of the key selection criteria outlined in the position description in addition to providing a cover letter and resume. To apply please click Apply button at top of screen.
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion.
Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.