Free open Job in Australasia Primary Education Specialist at The University of Sydney
Reference No. 1418/0718F
- Join an organisation that encourages progressive thinking
- Full-time fixed term for 1 year with possibility of a 6 month extension.
- Remuneration package: $104K-147K Base Salary p.a. and generous employer’s contribution to superannuation.
About the opportunity
The Primary Education Specialist will provide support for the Australian Digital Technology Challenge Project being undertaken by the Australian Computing Academy, which is funded by the Australian Government. This includes designing and implementing the deployment of the digital technology challenges, development and delivery of teacher resources, delivery of teacher training workshops and building and supporting the key relationships with primary schools, IT Teaching Associations and other stakeholders.
The Primary Education Specialist will work with various groups across Australia and must be able to communicate effectively with stakeholders of the Australian Digital Technology Challenge Project. The Primary Education Specialist will be responsible for the development and evaluation of the online challenges and relationships with various communities and stakeholders.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance in recruiting talent aligned to these values in the pursuit of research excellence. We are looking for a Primary Education Specialist who has:
- Tertiary qualifications and/or relevant work experience, preferably in curriculum in Australian primary schools
- Demonstrated strong understanding of The Australian Curriculum
- Extensive experience running professional development for teachers
- Experience producing high quality teaching resources and activities for primary school students
- Demonstrated familiarity with Blocky/Scratch
Please refer to the Candidate Information Pack for further information. To be considered, it is essential that you upload a resume and address the online selection criteria.
The Australian Computing Academy has been established by the University to provide primary and secondary educators with the resources and skills required to fulfil the ambitious goals of the Australian Curriculum: Digital Technologies.
The Academy brings together an award-winning team with:
- expertise in the Digital Technologies curriculum and its development;
- roles across jurisdictions and systems at primary, secondary and tertiary levels;
- leadership in computer science and other STEM concepts and pedagogy; and
- experience delivering effective professional development and fostering communities for teachers.
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 1418/0718F to apply.