Free open Job in Australasia PhD Scholarship Opportunities in Health at Queensland University Of Technology
Funding for: International Students from specified countries*
Applications Close: 15 February 2019, 5:00pm Australian Eastern Standard Time
Commencement: Successful applicants must commence study by 31 July 2019
QUT’s Faculty of Health and Institute of Health and Biomedical Innovation offer scholarships to complete a PhD in an interdisciplinary environment with access to world-class researchers and cutting-edge facilities. Technology, innovation and commercialisation are integrated into the program.
Successful Faculty of Health scholarship applicants will receive a:
- Living stipend valued at AU$27,596 in 2019; tax exempt and indexed annually
- Applicants meeting criteria for academic excellence are eligible for an additional top-up scholarship valued at AU$5,000pa; 3 years duration
- Tuition fees offset or sponsorship
- Single Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
- Research support allowance of AU$4,500
- Opportunity to apply for Grant-in-Aid travel funding up to AU$2,000
PhD opportunities are available across 7 schools and 3 research themes:
Faculty of Health Schools
IHBI Research Themes
For more information about our research programs, visit https://www.qut.edu.au/study/international-courses/doctor-of-philosophy/doctor-of-philosophy-health.
Scholarship information, eligibility criteria and application process
*This targeted scholarship round is for applicants who:
- have completed a postgraduate qualification from the United Kingdom, European Union, Switzerland, Norway, Russian Federation, Canada and United States of America
- the postgraduate qualification must have been administered and assessed in English and must include a significant research component and thesis (at least 25% of the total degree)
Applicants who were considered in QUT’s 2019 Annual Scholarship Round are not eligible to apply for this round.
This targeted scholarship round follows the same application process and guidelines as the QUT Annual Scholarship Round. Please read the following:
** Applications for this targeted scholarship round close on 15 February 2019 (not 30 September 2018 as stated in the Annual Scholarship Round guidelines).
Visit How to apply for details on the application process including English language requirements, admission eligibility, writing your research proposal and supporting documentation. International applicants from these countries must apply via a QUT representative agent.
We recommend that you contact prospective supervisors to discuss your research proposal before applying, but you may apply if you do not yet have a supervisor for your project.
If you have any questions about the eligibility criteria or application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.