Free open Job in Australasia Open Rank Position in Autonomous Systems at University of New South Wales
UNSW Engineering is recruiting outstanding and inspirational individuals to join our world-leading group of researchers and teachers to build on our success and take the Faculty into the world’s top 20 engineering faculties.
The School of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
For further information about the School, please visit http://www.engineering.unsw.edu.au/mechanical-engineering/
About the role
Currently the Mechatronics Engineering stream has approximately 674 undergraduate students. Our research, focusing on autonomous systems and agricultural robotics. There is thriving research taking place in developing sophisticated control systems for the precision guidance of large vehicles including articulated and tracked vehicles, perception, high dimensional estimation and agricultural robotics which aligns well with Faculty’s major priorities in robotics, transport, and health. The School is developing new research strength in the area of assistive health care, medical robotics, and other assistive technologies such as exoskeletons and service robots.
Four positions are available. The appointments would be:
- at level B ($101k – $119K per annum), level C ($123k – $141k per annum), level D ($147k – $162k per annum) or level E ($188k per annum), plus 17% superannuation and leave loading, commensurate with academic qualifications and experience,
- full time,
- to a Convertible Tenure Track Employment Contract for an initial fixed term period of 5 years, with conversion to continuing appointment based on satisfactory performance and there being sufficient productive work available.
The Faculty reserves the right to offer an appointment on a continuing basis or to directly appoint to advertised positions.
We are looking for exceptional candidates for four new academic positions. The purpose of these four roles is to develop and deliver next generation teaching methodologies in the mechatronics stream, enhance our research quality, and strengthen our partnership with industry and government agencies. Skills in all aspects of mechatronics engineering are valued; however, candidates who have experience and abilities in autonomous vehicles and robotics are particularly desired.
As a successful candidate, you will have:
- A PhD in Mechatronics and Mechanical Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent relevant professional experience
- A demonstrated ability and willingness to deliver high quality and innovative teaching and student experience to both undergraduate and postgraduate students
- A demonstrated track record in mechatronics and robotics related research
- Industrial and academic experience in robotics and mechatronics engineering or a related discipline
Applicants from industry and professional backgrounds are especially welcome and should demonstrate their equivalent level of standing as demonstrated by professional experience.
UNSW desires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aspires to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, paying particular attention to ensuring no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability or Indigenous origin.
For more information and to submit your application, please visit www.jobs.unsw.edu.au and search using the reference number listed.
Applications close: Midnight, Sunday 28 May 2017 (AEST)
Find out more about working at UNSW at https://www.engineering.unsw.edu.au/
UNSW is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity